:: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
How to use Skale tracker ? (or a beginner guide)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Skale Tracker Forum Index -> Documentation, Tips & Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mind of Illusion
Skale Clueless

Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 3:52 pm    Post subject: How to use Skale tracker ? (or a beginner guide)

So
my question is : how to make a tracj with Skale tracker ?
In fact, I don't know how to make a loop on a channel, ...
Is anybody who can detail the making of a single track (with sound pack included, for doing the example along the tutorial), step by step ?

(hope you understand my pityfull english )
awezoom
Skale Developer

Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Yes, I think it's a good idea.

I should already have made a decent online manual, but I'm terribly busy at work these days, so I'm too tired to make that effort these weeks.

Anyone interested on creating a startup guide?
Mind of Illusion
Skale Clueless

Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 9:39 pm    Post subject:

I'm sorry not helping but if I ask it's that i used it
st3vie
Skale Administrator

Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Well, I would, but I suck in explaining such things

But it would indeed be useful, to have some sort of deafutl tutorial, for the standard tracking effects, and some intermediate tutorial perhaps, and advanced tutorial??

-=Stevie
skagen
Skale Jedi

Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 4:26 pm    Post subject:

Im currently working on a tutorial for filter-usage.
If anyone haven't began a start tutorial when Im done with the current one, I can do the start tutorial too.

Hopefully I'll be done with the filterusage this weekend, but it might be delayed as Windows XP is self-destruction, and Im going to format my system partition and reinstall + config etc.
Mind of Illusion
Skale Clueless

Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 4:37 pm    Post subject:

GrOoVy
st3vie
Skale Administrator

Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Two thumbs up for Skagen here!
I read the other tutorial... very well written, my compliments!

-=Stevie
Sanxion
Skale Clueless

Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 5:20 pm    Post subject:

That's the way to go skagen!

There is a huge lack of good beginner tutorials that explain how to track.
Most are explaining the basics that cover most trackers, and just some parts (like filters etc) and not step. . . by step, with a real beginning.

Maybe this is too much to ask, but maybe it is a good idea to team up.
It would be quite important to me, b/c this is something I'd *realy* love to do.
Blaster
Skale User

Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 2:04 am    Post subject:

I think the biggest problem is that the info a beginner needs is scattered across the net. Luckily Coplan over @ SceneSpot thinks this too and he's trying to pool resources (heck go there and read will you?).

I know I could ask for everything to be delivered on a platter, but I won't. All trackers have to get past this stage so I know it's possible
With dedication I will become better (eventually, even if it takes a year or two cause I simply don't have the time or patience to spend days to learn (boils down to experimenting with boring melodies, drum patterns)).
Still it be good to see a step-by-step tutorial of a song (If anyone outthere is willing to write one, I'm willing to help). I don't think there's any on the net today and if there is, please gimme the link

Another thing is the lack of modules. Everything seems to be in mp3/ogg, this isn't a good thing for beginners. In skm's one could see how the other created a particular sound/the use of fx/the way one tracks and learn. mp3's & ogg's don't mean much to me (only if it's particulary good (read close to commercially produced music (as in great melodies, pumping basslines and above all vocals (I really REALLY like vocals in musci)))). I realize though that with the support of VST/VSTi things have become a little different cause distributing commercial VSTs is illegal (well you know what I mean).

Finally I wanted to say that I forgot what I was wanting to say, duh... oh wait I remember: feedback!!! Beginners need feedback. Not the kind of feedback: "this song sux, you need more practise" which is no help in any way, I can tell that to my self. No I mean like this: "say this melodie (or whatever part) idea isn't bad, but look if you did this... see what happens? it sounds much better" THAT kind of feedback is what we need. And above all HONEST feedback. There's replies/reviews/comments on tracks around on the net that say: great track/good job, but when I download them I don't get particulary excited. Maybe it's because the quality I'm demanding is quite high (why not aim for the highest possible?), but it's my opinion anyway.

Still thanks for all the good tutorials on the site, they're really helpfull in understanding the tracker and music theory. Now to convert it to some grrreat tunes...

Thanks for reading this, pls comment cause I'm interested

BYE BYE
Skale User

Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 2:17 am    Post subject:

Oh yes, teaming up with a tracker who knows his way around and is able to produce the music his/her heart desires is also a great way to learn.
Always two there are: a master and an apprentice

Seriously, Sanxion has a good point. Problems with this are of course that you'd have to know one who is willing to teach you the finer arts of tracking. Would be even better if you know someone in your neighbourhood so you could meet in real life.

Maybe I should visit chatrooms more often
Skale Jedi

Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Blaster wrote:
Always two there are: a master and an apprentice
Would be even better if you know someone in your neighbourhood so you could meet in real life.

Blaster, you been watching too much Star Wars, so I totaly agree with you; to learn from a master in real life is the ultimate way to learn something. Since most of the people here live far away from each other, gathering up in real life will be rather hard to do. The second option is video-tutorials, but they get large in size..
Sanxion
Skale Clueless

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 8:42 am    Post subject:

Isn't that a bit too much of something good?

Sure, vid-tuts are great, but what's wrong with a screen shot or two?
timmy_
Skale Lover

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 10:08 pm    Post subject:

I remember struggling with this crazy program called Noisetracker on the amiga all those years ago, trying to figure out how it worked, then came this article in a uk magazine called CU Amiga that had a 3 page article on protracker with pictures and descriptions of the most important functions... that was all it took to really get going!

And of course a lot of analyzing other people's modules etc... but I think the thing with a tracker is it's hard to begin with, then suddenly you start getting the grips with in and the rest comes by itself...

so some sort of beginner's tutorial would be cool... especially if it was built in to the help section in the program, with pictures and stuff... but cool enough on the webpage too.. so hopefully someone will take the job of doing it. cheers
Sanxion
Skale Clueless

Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 11:36 am    Post subject:

That's quite funny, because I was going to say that I would love to create a website if the doc is big enough.
jskale
Skale Clueless

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Im so in need of a simple tutorial of how to make tracks in Skale tracker.. actually I have to learn it right away, since Im working on a game project that needs 8-bit music..

So if you make or find any tutorial, please PM me!
Would be so helpful!

/ J
       Skale Tracker Forum Index -> Documentation, Tips & Tricks All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: