:: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
RULES FOR WRITING TUTORIALS

Skale Tracker Forum Index -> Documentation, Tips & Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
awezoom
Skale Developer

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 12:49 am    Post subject: RULES FOR WRITING TUTORIALS

For the "Tutorials and Guides" section we need some rules so things are organized well, and it's easy to find the tutorial which cover what you are wondering about.

THE RULES

1. Always read THESE guidelines* for writing a tutorial before writing one.

2. Always include to write which version of Skale Tracker the tutorial comply to. Also remeber to update your tutorial accordingly to additions and changes in future releases of Skale Tracker and update the complying version info.

3. Always check if the tutorial has already been writen, or someting similar has been writen (see .8 )

4. Add a topic with your tutorial tittle before you begin, and tag it with (Under Construction) to avoid multiple tutorials being written. When it's completed just remove the tag.

5. Elite Skalers usergroup can make it sticky, which means it is complete and verified.

6. If there's any error, something missing, unclear or simply bad, a member can report this to one of the memeber of the Elite Skalers usergroup so we can contact the author of the tutorial. If the author does not reply to this the tutorial can be deleted.

7. For pictures, exsample modules etc you will have to provide your own webspace. Tutorials featured on the Skale Tracker frontpage will be mirrored on Awezoom's webspace. If however a tutorial in this Tutorials and Guides forum section have missing pictures etc, please contact either the author of the tutorial or one of the members of the Elite Skalers usergroup.

8. All tutorials are open for input, feedback etc from other users. Also addidtions to the tutorial from other users can be posted. Contact one of the members of the Elite Skalers usergroup to move the additional tutorial info into the original tutorial post.

HOW A GUIDE MUST BE FILLED

1. Try to be clear. Avoid using weird and uncommon english words. Skale Tracker is a Spanish program, and there are many people out there who doesn't understand english perfectly. If you write it in Spanish, Awesome or any volunteer will try to translate it.

2. If you have to use images you will use your own webspace.

3. Keep in mind the user level of the people who asked for the tutorial.

4. Write in your Tutorial's title the Level of the Tutorial "BASIC", "ADVANCED" "GURU".

Basic: about using skale in a very easy and basic stage.
Advanced: about new features not implemented in FT2 and some more advanced stuff
Guru: Very complex and hard related stuff that requires an advanced level of Tracking and Skale knowledge

5. Respect other softwares and authors.

*Guidelines and Rules may be altered in the future.

Use this WISELY,
thank you.
Liner
Skale Clueless

Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:15 pm    Post subject: Translations...

Simple question:
If I find a good tutorial from www.skale.org is it ok to translate it into anothere language without a permission? Or should I contact the author and/or skale moderator about it?

I've done couple of "How to start" & "What the h**l is tracking?" tutorials in Finnish earlier and sometime in the future I might get the inspiration to make translations too. I bet nobody on the Skale development team knows Finnish so they can't check if the translation is correct. What is the policy in this case? Is it up to the original author who decides if I can translate the tutorial?
dBlues
Skale Moderator

Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject:

According to copyright law in Finland ( I think it applies to whole world actually ), the translator holds copyright for the translated text, but has no right to violate the original authors honor by making false and abusive translations. Which is presumably not the case . So go ahead, nothing stops you.
Skale Clueless

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Thanks! Didn't know that piece of information. I guess it still would be polite to inform the author about the translation if I make one...
Tranceparent
Skale Moderator

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject:

I'm pretty sure the autors of the Skale tutorials are fine with translating the tutorials, but it would indeed be polite to drop them a PM or mail.
AJFire
Skale Clueless

Posted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject:

i have created a german skale site on http://www.skaletracker.de

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:30 am    Post subject: Imagine

Quote:
Thanks! Didn't know that piece of information. I guess it still would be polite to inform the author about the translation if I make one...

:X Now imagine if the world was like that.:I
       Skale Tracker Forum Index -> Documentation, Tips & Tricks All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: