:: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
quiet time...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Skale Tracker Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
st3vie
Skale Administrator

Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: quiet time...

hey ppl,

it's been a slow news period for some time now, but just to let you know...
things are still in progress and soon some news update will be posted.

where Skale is heading is nice...

cheers,
-st3vie
alien5ive
Skale Fanatic

Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject:

its time to start!

l@@king forward.

btw:

Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 1:01 pm Post subject: [release] Skale v0.81
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ho ho ho or so... whatever.
yes, here's a little xmas present in the form of Skale Tracker v0.81.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

that has taken too long time.

later.

A5
vereiser
Skale Moderator

Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject:

It is good to hear some news. I'm very curious about the new features Skale will have. I hope there are so many as good once.

Good coding Bak.

Intel Pentium 4 / 2,8 GHz / 1 GB DDR / WinXP Prof. / Hoontech DSP24 Value (multichannel soundcard)
pixel
Skale Clueless

Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Yes Bak thank you for all your work. I am so excited! It will give me something to do over Xmas......I'm looking forward to makin' some choons!
sYnCHAoZ
Skale Lover

Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject:

I must admit I've kinda stopped caring. Progress on this program is just about the slowest I've ever seen. We're lucky if we get 1 update per year, and while they are fairly functional builds we get, they still lack many crucial features that in some cases (mixer especially) are just too important to wait an entire year for.

I've jumped to Renoise, it has everything skale has, only more functional and in some cases more intuitive (VST and pattern management especially). I didn't do it with good will, I love the Skale/FT2 feel, but there is just too many rough edges that never get adressed, which renoise covers flawlessly. Perhaps some day when Skale is nearer a final build, but at the current rate of progress I find it hard to imagine 1.0 ever seeing the light of day. Perhaps in 5 or 6 years from now, but honestly, that's just not in any way viable.

Still though, good luck with it.
Skale Clueless

Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject:

We have to remember Bak isn't getting paid to do it, and I can imagine for one person it's alot of coding........one still has to pay the rent .......

I don't like the Renoise interface at all!
rawhead
Skale Clueless

Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject:

sYnCHAoZ wrote:
I must admit I've kinda stopped caring. Progress on this program is just about the slowest I've ever seen.

Still though, good luck with it.

People could have life And especially, if developer donīt get money from this project.
But, great to hear news. I make drums with Skale & soundfonts.
Sportfreund
Skale User

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject:

hi!

good to hear that sk@le isn't dead. but i have to admit that i also moved on to another application, but actually i don't think that this is the right place to promote other trackers...that's not very respectful and fair.

the reason for me to move on were very important features that don't work or behave the way they should:

for example:

vsti mode - too slow and out of sync
vst support - way too buggy, not enough slots etc.
gui - resolution too small

sk@le had so much potential back in 2004 and was very innovative in some parts, but the lack of development kinda killed the whole project.

what maybe should be improved in the future (if there is one) is the communication to sk@le users. if bak would have said, for example it is not possible to continue the development of sk@le in the next months and therefor users should not expect an update in the near future, things would have been much less frustrating i guess. at least we would have had a clear statement then.

anyway, i'm thankful that sk@le brought me back to tracking again and of course wish bak all the best for the development in the future.

greetings,

fegi
Manwe
Skale Lover

Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject:

Oh, may be we will release our Sk@le musicdisk even before Sk@le's update released. I'm talking about real scene product, not MP3s or Audio CD
- just pure .skm modules with a shell/player.
alien5ive
Skale Fanatic

Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject:

Manwe wrote:
Oh, may be we will release our Sk@le musicdisk even before Sk@le's update released. I'm talking about real scene product, not MP3s or Audio CD
- just pure .skm modules with a shell/player.

if u love uīr skm modules than do not forget to protect them. skm spreading isnt good bout the copyright thing. and do not forget that lamers will rip off uīr sounds and create "stupid own songs" or what ever.
my opinion: not an good idea!

the other way: if u really want provide skm" how will u include all the vsti plugin"? [i guess u used some?] this is one of the most important thing i ever wanted: save vsti plugin in an SKM. never realized :(

Last edited by alien5ive on Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Manwe
Skale Lover

Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject:

alien5ive wrote:
if u love uīr skm modules than do not forget to protect them. skm spreading isnt good bout the copyright thing.

Oh, man, common! Never worried about such bullshit on the Scene, when released MODs, S3Ms, XMs and ITs.

Quote:
and do not forget that lamers will rip off uīr sounds and create "stupid own songs" or what ever.

Yes, but lamers still stays lame anyway. It makes no big deal for me. Anyway, my samples would be OGG-packed, so everyone can rip it, but who really needs samples in OGG format?

Quote:
how will u include all the vsti plugin"?

Since it's a Scene production, I used only free plugins. Also I tried to use the same plugins in different modules. So, VST package will take a small place in the archive (around 200 kb, I guess).

Quote:
one of the most important thing i ever wanted: save vsti plugin in an SKM. never realized

It's true. I'm waiting for this feature hardly too!
alien5ive
Skale Fanatic

Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject:

AMEN!
dBlues
Skale Moderator

Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject:

I really can't wait for the release!!!! \o/

Especially now that I have Cubase LE... By the way, forget N-Track unless you want to spend 99% of the time figuring out the problems on the software.

Some thoughts of my own about Skale development:
About the features and such; how many buggy features does Skale have at the moment? Quite alot, starting from VSTi hosting and serving as client, mixer eqs work only randomly, disk writer writes some VSTi's out of tune, SF2 compatibility etc.
Then again, it's amazingly solid and versatile software if you don't use some of the buggy features. It's a really great software, and professional also. With higher sampling rates (96kHz) the sound is very pleasing.

I would suggest that there would be two versions of Skale, one developement version that has all the high-tech thingamajigs that you got, and one rock solid music production version where there is no buggy features included. What do you think Bak/others?
Skale Moderator

Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject:

In my opinion Skale is the perfect Windows based solution for those who still like to create music in the spirit of FT2. For those who want more advanced features, Skale can be a bit disappointing and I do agree that a buggy feature is more of a let down than a missing feature.

The drawback of having a 'light version' though, is to lose precious development time for creating a seperate version.
rawhead
Skale Clueless

Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject:

dBlues wrote:
I really can't wait for the release!!!! \o/

I would suggest that there would be two versions of Skale, one developement version that has all the high-tech thingamajigs that you got, and one rock solid music production version where there is no buggy features included. What do you think Bak/others?

I think thatīs great idea.
Make this open source project, so new versions come faster. Well, i donīt know how much you have ready to this new version. But itīs pretty slow when itīs about from version 0.80 to 0.81 in one year or something like that.

Love this software, and enough for now , i make just drums with this. I hope new versions comes someday
       Skale Tracker Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: