:: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Unusable sound under Linux, sample index jumping forward

Skale Tracker Forum Index -> Skale Bug Report
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Unusable sound under Linux, sample index jumping forward

Even when playing one e.g. 120 kb sample the sample position jumps wildly forward. This especially happens when I move the mouse.

Module playing is useless, because the timing jumps forward like mad. I can't set the SDL dynamic latency thing in the config, because then Skale won't start with "Can't init sound".

The sound which I get sounds like a long sample with random jumps forward after 20-40 ms (give or take some, it's an estimate

Skale takes ~ 38 % of CPU, so I guess it's not that.

I think it's related to the timing you're using under Linux?

I wish I had the Skale sources, so I could hack it to work, and then submit a patch for you, but unfortunately that is not an option

I've been following Skale for some time now, and unfortunately it just doesn't seem to ever work properly. It would be a really nice application if I could get it work!! It's frustrating to keep on trying it and always end up in failure.
       Skale Tracker Forum Index -> Skale Bug Report All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: