:: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Recording MIDI note velocity from external controller

Skale Tracker Forum Index -> Skale Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
object88
Skale Clueless

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject: Recording MIDI note velocity from external controller

I'm new to Skale, and new to trackers in general, so there's probably something really obvious that I'm missing.

I'm playing a pattern on a keyboard, but when I play the pattern back, all note volumes are maxed. I would go nuts if I have to tweak the volume of each note after recording. I know the note velocity is working, because as I'm recording the pattern, the volume is reacting correctly to the note velocity.

Here's my setup:
Skale 0.81 on a Windows XP SP2 machine.
Unitor 8 midi interface (the ancient serial port version)
Andromeda A6 connected MIDI inbound port 1
DMPro connected to MIDI outbound port 2
No VSTi's or anything else getting in the way. All audio is routed into a hardware mixer-- never even sees the computer.

I've got the DMPro on instrument 1, with MIDI turned on, nothing else tweaked (since I don't know what I'm doing yet...) When I play on the A6, MIDI in and out light up in Skale's main screen, and the DMPro plays (with the correct volume). When I right-click on pattern 0 and hit the space bar, I can record individual notes, and again, the correct volume is recorded. When I play the pattern back, the volume is max'ed.

Help? Thanks!
       Skale Tracker Forum Index -> Skale Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: