:: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
[linux] Problem starting Skale for the first time...

Skale Tracker Forum Index -> Skale Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kobayashi
Skale Clueless

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: [linux] Problem starting Skale for the first time...

Hello! I'm trying to get Skale working on my linux system - I'm running Red Hat Enterprise Edition 4, if that helps - I followed all the instructions in the helpful FAQ I found here, so the permissions should be good, and I do have LibSDL installed.

Double clicking on the Skale.x86 icon in the file manager does nothing, and if I try to get the program working by typing ./Skale.x86, the program seems to be loading, but I get this error message :

***glibc detected*** double free or corruption (out): 0x08934eb8 ***
Aborted

and then it dumps me back to the shell prompt.

Anyone have any ideas? I have the feeling this is just the result of something kinda silly on my part involving my linux configuration - I'm not exactly a power user and really only got into using this computer seriously while my main was down, and I'm finding more and more audio programs for Linux - if anyone could help me get this to work I'd be very grateful.

-kobayashi
Nop
Skale Clueless

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject:

***glibc detected*** double free or corruption (out): 0x08934eb8 ***

This message is due to a new glib feature; it becomes more touchy on double free. Just type under bash 'export MALLOC_CHECK_=0'

If you get this :
_lookupMethod void _copyRemote failed this might be caused by incompatible IDL files and is likely to result in crashes
file object.cc: line 855 (void Arts::Object_skel::_dispatch(Arts::Buffer*, Arts::Buffer*, long int)): assertion failed: (0)
... it is ok . This means that your Fedora / KDE / Arts are messing around.
Kill arts demon by typing 'killall artsd'.

Then try to restart Skale.

I hope it helps.
       Skale Tracker Forum Index -> Skale Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: