:: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Skale is dying....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Skale Tracker Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
harryweinstein
Skale Clueless

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Skale is dying....

Hi all,

I used ft2 and skale for about 10 years and got all my musical skills from this programs. I really love it cause i learnt so much from those programs.

BUT.... comparing it to secencers like LOGIC PRO 7 and cubase i cant imagine people still want to produce with trackers instead of the qualtiy and options that those pro seqeuncers offers.
I just switched to logic pro 7 and even without external hardware you can take advantage of the qual of this program. You also can use samples in it.

Because i love skale i will not say it goodbeye.. But for new productions of higher quality i think you have to use sequencer like logic, cubase etc....

WHat you guys think?

Greet,

Harry
st3vie
Skale Administrator

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject:

and here we go again... for years i've heard the stories of "trackers are dying". Fact is... trackers are still around and in the last few years more new trackers have emerged.

i'll say again: "i think everybody should choose his/her 'weapon of choice'". I don't have the time (or will) to learn the 'pro' applications as a hobbiest, so i stick with Skale.

...and 'dying' - not with the stuff i've seen here on my system, testing out new future stuff.

-st3vie
dBlues
Skale Moderator

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject:

Why do you think of Skale as if it is "dying" somehow? The way I see it, it's a great application for me. It's free, it can be used to easily produce a very good quality production, it has unique features, it's user friendly, it's evolving (albeit a bit slowly but recently it's reached a very good level of operation), it has a lot of users (and the downloads are increasing all the time).

I really don't see Skale dying anywhere. It always has it's place among us who appreciate its flexibility, easiness of use and of course, 100% trackerness!! Trackers have ruled, still rule and will always rule on!!! And trackers are uber cool ppl also
Skale Clueless

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Amen! I absolutely agree with you guys! thanks to tracking i am able to create music. I also dont believe skale is dying~!!!!!! just made the topic named so...

I just was thinking about people who want to get at high klevel producing still should use skale....... dont you simply HAVE TO switch when you want to release or create high qual tracks???

I am just wondering.
Sportfreund
Skale User

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject:

well for me it works this way:

i compose my music in trackers because im used to the vertical way of songwriting (i hate that pianoroll stuff). then i export everything to wav and then use cubase to record guitars and vocals, make the final mix and mastering.

but trackers have been and will always be my #1 composition tool.

greetings,

fegi
vereiser
Skale Moderator

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Sportfreund, that is what I think too.

Skale is a very good pre-production tool. If all features are implemented you can produce your song in another but fully professional way too. The only differences between Skale and Studios like Cubase are better mixing and recording ability, yes, and the sound quality is better.
But, that is all, I think.

Intel Pentium 4 / 2,8 GHz / 1 GB DDR / WinXP Prof. / Hoontech DSP24 Value (multichannel soundcard)
Manwe
Skale Lover

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject:

I working with Logic 7 and Ableton on Mac, such programms are good (can't say the same about Cubase - it's interface is terrible), but I always pray for trackers, especeally when I need to make drums. I talking not about drum lines like "drag'n'drop drumloop to Garage Band" or drums wich can be done with drum machine. Really accurate work with percussion and drums, digging deep into samples (offsets, pitch, vibratto, retrigs, etc.) - all that things can make me mad whan I trying to do it in sequencers. No. Never. What for? If we HAVE trackers?
harryweinstein
Skale Clueless

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject:

cool

i like the way of working in skale too.. But now after working 1 week with logic i createdthings impossible before...
I hope skale will get at a pro level becausenow i have to say it goodbeye (especially drums cantbe made inskale with my music style_)
Although i love skale... for me its dying while i was thebiggestr fan
atarix
Skale Newbie

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Guys, stop talkin shit "dying, better than blahblah, trackers suck..." etcetc...

There is no reason in dialogs like this. Really...stop flaming.
harryweinstein
Skale Clueless

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject:

WHOOOOOO.. FLaming?????? ... stop talking??????????

We talk serious about this topic dude. Besided its not wrong to compare progs with eachother... mostly this makes them even betyter!...

I said i love skale and are not desire to bring this program down... i just gave objective critism with you agree with making out of your reaction

You should stop talking yourself dude and let us discuss what we want!

greet,

Harry
atarix
Skale Newbie

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject:

alrightlright! i`m shuttin` off, `k? PEACE!
TJindy
Skale Clueless

Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Trackers isn`t dying..

Well, skale is a very good tracker... but i still forwarding for new version - full version. And full support of vst instruments. BTW. We have got vers. for MacOS,Win,etc.. it is possible to do it for AmigaOS4 ?
TJindy
Skale Lover

Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject:

We have not Mac OS X version, Bak sent back his Mac to the shop
Mind of Illusion
Skale Clueless

Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject:

TJindy> let's hpe it could work with OS4Emu on MorphOS
harryweinstein
Skale Clueless

Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: whatever

In a few weeks my first release is coming in shop. I want to let you know that most of the 4 tracks on it were made totally with skale. So if you are wondering if its possible to release with skale its proved.

All my new tracks are made with logic pro but thnks to skale i learned and understoond the concept en ideas behind producing with the computer.

the soundquality and especially mixing and maseting are in skale nothing compared too prosequencers.

The editting/arrangement of your sounds is in my opinion better in SKALE!.

Ofcourse you can use plugins to let you samples or sounds go crazy... but in skale you really really arrange the sound and i still love the programs fot that. Things as the trackeditor and inst.envelopes works very good.

With skale you can make your music less proffeisnal but nevertheless more unique.

I just wanted to share you all my opinion/comparisson of skale and pro-aplications.

Greet,

Harry,
Thats my opinion
       Skale Tracker Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: