:: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
First tracker you ever used ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Skale Tracker Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WITCH / LD
Skale Clueless

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject:

I started on the "Commodore Vic-20" with BASIC. )
Then i moved to Commodore 64 with Sound Monitor
After a while i changed to AMIGA 500, and i used SoundTracker,
then... Noisetracker v.20, then... ProTracker 1.1b for years(if i remember right..

So... then i swiched to PC!

I try: Fastracker1, Ultratracker, Fasttracker II, and Skale Tracker...

AND NOW I NEED A NEW SKALE VERSION!!!

BAK, are you heard this?!
PS: When i remembered to the Protracker, i got a new idea:
I need a VU meter in a track windows!!!

WITCH
TJindy
Skale Clueless

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject:

C64 - tracker (i didn`t remembar a name of that program)
Amiga - Noise tracker - Star trekker -Protracker 1.1 - Protracker 2.3b -Digibooster2.17 (...it has 303 built in emulator (AHI recomended))
Now Skale beacuse on PC there aren`t any usefull trackers - just this one.
Sometimes I switch on my Amiga and do some tracks on DigiB, than I move waves to Skale. One weakness of DigiBooster - unfortunetly it works only on mono samples/instruments (but it is a stereo tracker (sic))
Well, i`m looking forward for new version of Skale. Stable with full sample edit and with better work on VST instruments!
Skale Clueless

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject:

Well The 1St tracker that I ever used... Well, i began with my MSX computer and playing with the "PLAY" basic command. Then I buyed a MSX2, and i tried to use some tracking programs for SCC sound chip, but with no luck. Then i saw the Protracker on Amiga... WOW!!! the next was buying an Amiga 500 and it's 512K expansion, and beginning to track... after some versions of the tracker(my favourite, the 1.1b+), I buyed my A1200 and updated the PT,... too much buggy on A1200!. When i turn to PC owners, i tried FT2 with my brand new Gravis card. Updating PC does not update the tracker, so i kept it until i installed W2000, and then I discover the goods of Skale...

I also use a tracker on MSX Machines, due to a card that it's almost sealed on one of it's cartridge slots... the Moonsound. 24 channels, 44 Khz, OPL4 from Yamaha, 2 mb GM samples inside, all on a 8bit machine! The tracker that comes with is Moonblaster Wave, a bit simple, but very useful, as it can handle(not graphically) samples from the own memory of the Moonsound(128K upgradeable to 2 Mb). I have heared and composed some nice tunes for this nice one...

Thanks 4 reading!
Skale Newbie

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject:

WITCH / LD wrote:
I started on the "Commodore Vic-20" with BASIC. :))
Then i moved to Commodore 64 with Sound Monitor
After a while i changed to AMIGA 500, and i used SoundTracker,
then... Noisetracker v.20, then... ProTracker 1.1b for years(if i remember right..:)

So... then i swiched to PC!

I try: Fastracker1, Ultratracker, Fasttracker II, and Skale Tracker...

AND NOW I NEED A NEW SKALE VERSION!!!

BAK, are you heard this?! 8)
PS: When i remembered to the Protracker, i got a new idea:
I need a VU meter in a track windows!!!
8)
WITCH

My ex guitar player used amigas. we were quite a weird pairing, he was a telecaster player, i was a strat player, he used yamaha, i used casio, he used amiga, i used atari :)

now he probably uses macs, and i use pc's. :P

however, we both used roland and tascam/teac :) (and fender)

er, equipment / brands.

course, we also handbuilt stuff, and would buy anything used if it was
cheap or we could talk the flea market peeps down~

always experimenting :)
Irrelevant
Skale Newbie

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: play command?

Fireb0y wrote:
Well The 1St tracker that I ever used... Well, i began with my MSX computer and playing with the "PLAY" basic command. Then I buyed a MSX2, and i tried to use some tracking programs for SCC sound chip, but with no luck. Then i saw the Protracker on Amiga... WOW!!! :shock: the next was buying an Amiga 500 and it's 512K expansion, and beginning to track... after some versions of the tracker(my favourite, the 1.1b+), I buyed my A1200 and updated the PT,... too much buggy on A1200!. When i turn to PC owners, i tried FT2 with my brand new Gravis card. Updating PC does not update the tracker, so i kept it until i installed W2000, and then I discover the goods of Skale...

I also use a tracker on MSX Machines, due to a card that it's almost sealed on one of it's cartridge slots... the Moonsound. 24 channels, 44 Khz, OPL4 from Yamaha, 2 mb GM samples inside, all on a 8bit machine! The tracker that comes with is Moonblaster Wave, a bit simple, but very useful, as it can handle(not graphically) samples from the own memory of the Moonsound(128K upgradeable to 2 Mb). I have heared and composed some nice tunes for this nice one...

Thanks 4 reading!

i guess trs-80's 'play' command was my first digital music device,

ANSI music :) (gawd)
how to annoy people on bulletin boards~
turn ANSI music ON by default :P
man, those days were funny :)

i don't know of anyone that actually used bbs's with ansi music turned on :P

maybe the ultra rare female bbs'r.

the trs-80 basic also had 'sound' commands, that were different from play, in that they were more mathematical. that i found to be quite interesting. you'd specify a hz, and a length, i think. been awhile.

now i'm thinking it'd be fun to compose a piece for four trs-80's :) plug them all in and have them play something at once :P would be totally ridiculous, (since a cell phone now can do that) but, amusing :)
jackson
Skale Clueless

Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:41 am    Post subject:

Well, the 1st isn't a tracker, but:
1. 1984 - Spectrum ZX-81 - Manually programming BEEP's into executables at the age of 4 with my older sister!

2. 1989 - A score based editor on the Amiga, basically assigning sound effects scrounged from games to notes and sequencing them. I was an odd one

3. 1993 - Bought a 12bit (woo!!!) sampler for the Amiga which came with it's own proprietary tracker.

4. 1995 - FT2. Say no more.

5. 1998 - left it all behind to move into "serious" sequencers, I've been using Logic for the last 5 years.

6. 2005 - Today I will download Skale for the first time and integrate it into my Logic/EnergyXT combo, and write the best goddamn track I've ever written

Mike
elcalen
Skale Clueless

Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Good old Impulse Tracker, in the late nineties. In this millennium I proceeded to ModPlug, but nowadays old-fashioned sample-based tracking just doesn't seem to cut it anymore, and Skale's VST/VSTi features drew me in...

I haven't really done anything with Skale yet, but I like what I've seen so far. (Although with my IT background the user interface has taken a little getting used to. But I'm beginning to get a grip on things. )
S
Skale Clueless

Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Started out with Octamed 4 something, then moved on to Octamed 5 something. Both came with CU Amiga coverdisks. FTII was honestly a bit of a regression UI-wise, IMO, but I really got into it after a while. After Windows upgrades became a problem I tried many different trackers, FTIII (too buggy), Modplug Tracker (not my cup of tea), Mad Tracker (stuck with it a while, but I really hate the interface. I downloaded the newest version of this, but I could not get my head round it) and then... Skale! I use it in tandem with Adobe Audition.
Skale Clueless

Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject:

1992-1994 - Sound Monitor (C64)
1994-1998 - Aegis Music (it's not tracker), DSS8 tracker + sampler, Audiomaster (audio editor) Protracker, OctaMed, DigiBooster (Amiga 1200 +030 +Fpu, 850MB HD 8MB)
1998-2006 - Fast Tracker, Noise Tracker, Mad Tracker, Impulse Tracker, Octa Med, Mad Tracker and now Skale RULES (PC)
Greetz to all dudes from Amiga Scene a.d. '96
Neuton Mouse
Skale Clueless

Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Wow! I'm impressed!It was fun reading your interesting stories y'o people!

Wow...long history you have people...

I'm young tracker(about 2 years tracking) now a'm 14

Started with FT2 and here i am...Begin to track when 0.80 Skale realesed!
ByteEyes
Skale Lover

Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject:

Wow!!! I'm really the oldest man...

in the 80's i start to use trackers with the impressive 4 chanel MODEDIT!!!
the functioning in a 8086 / 286 PC with the internal speacker. Then the sonundcards were starting being used...

Then, when I have my 486 can use the scream tracker, then the fasttracker II...

My webs:
www.alumimadel.com -> Carpinterķa de aluminio
www.celetteiberica.es -> Cabinas de pintura
Fireb0y
Skale Clueless

Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject:

Well, my 1st tracker ever was FAC Soundtracker on ”MSX1!
Even i can't make almost any sound work as it was designed for FMPAC, and SCC, there was a limited but good program.

After I buyed my beloved A500 with 1 MB ram, and then... PT1.1b+ and a couple of MODs and samples was the really beginning of my life as a scene musician.

I tried some more trackers on Amiga(Octamed, Octalyzer, bars 'n' pipes, etc)but my favourite of all times is Protracker 1.1b+

When I get hand on A1200, I noticed that Protracker 1.1b+ does not work anymore, so was time to get a new version... After 2 or 3 versions very unstable(it was soooo frustrating working on a theme 4 hours and ending with a "Software FAilure. Press Left Mouse Button to continue", I found PT2.3a. The most stable(but with some dissapointings and bugs) on A1200. I tried with PT 3.X, but it hasn't the same behaviour as the original PT takes , so i give up those new versions and expect for a new ones on the 2.X series...

I buyed my 1st PC, 486 DX66 with 16 MB, and begin with my Gravis Ultrasound and FT. I was updating with pass of time from P166, P2 233, and then jumped to AMD Duron 700 and giving up FT2 bcoz it was not compatible with W2K(XP too). From there to the begin of Skale I almost make nothing of music(my new life as married is guilty too of this). And now... I use Skale when I can, but I don't track as before bcoz lack of time...

That's my history in trackin, pleez sorry for my horrible English... it's late and I must go sleep NOW.
Skale Clueless

Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject:

It's cool how there are soo many tracker heads in here that stay true to tracking...

-My first tracking software was FastTracker2. Great tool. I spend countless nights learning/ Arranging/ "Zapping"... Creating such crazy sounds & loops. It's funny because when I started with FT2 I had no idea about .wav files. All of my samples were recorded directly into the "sample" recorder. Some of my tracks sounded hella distorded, but It gave my songs the sound i was into at the time.

Producing tracks became part of my life from 2000 until today. Now I use SKALE TRACKER. I wish Skale also gave u the option to record samples directly. It's all good...
Skale Clueless

Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject:

My first tracker (so: best) is SKALE. I'd like to get running somewhere FT2 one day, just because of the fact, but I can't - all machines are with Whinedows.
yerzmyey
Skale Clueless

Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject:

Sound Tracker 1.1 on ZX SPECTRUM 48Kb with AY interface.
Still using it.
       Skale Tracker Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: