:: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
SkaleVSTi Fix
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Skale Tracker Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
baktery
Skale Developer

Posted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:52 am    Post subject: SkaleVSTi Fix

For all the people with problems in the VSTi version, try with this fix, I found an important bug:

http://www.metamacro.com/awezoom/skale/download/SkaleVSTiFix0002.zip

Tell me if it works fine, thanks
Skale Newbie

Posted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: SkaleVSTi Fix

baktery wrote:
For all the people with problems in the VSTi version, try with this fix, I found an important bug:

can't open skale.dat file... hmm... (there used to be that asio(0) message and) this has been the only message for quite a while. . . I'll try to download the full pack again and check what might be causing it... weird... now it can't open the dat at all anymore..

Visit www.platinum.ac - A Finnish clubbing and music discussion forum
elfan
Skale Newbie

Posted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Great, everything loads and nothing crashes! So I suppose that everything works as specified. You can rest now .

By the way, can you tell me why you created a VSTi midi IN but no midi OUT? Why would you want to send midi TO Skale instead of from Skale? If there was midi out this would rock the entire computer music world since there is no VSTi tracker out there today (i.e no tracker which can be used as a VSTi sequencer for other VST:s [no, not VSTi:s inside Skale]).

Anyhow, GREAT JOB, Baktery! This is really something .

//Tomas
baktery
Skale Developer

Posted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
can't open skale.dat file

Have a look to the tutorial about how to use SkaleVSTi, seems like the data isn't where it must be.

Quote:
By the way, can you tell me why you created a VSTi midi IN but no midi OUT?

Don't panic Before i can to add midi out to the VSTi i must to do a change in the generic midi out implementation, which will be able soon.
elfan
Skale Newbie

Posted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject:

baktery wrote:
Don't panic Before i can to add midi out to the VSTi i must to do a change in the generic midi out implementation, which will be able soon.

Heh, thanks Bak . Sorry for being so pushy. But you know, you're making history here. Can't help getting excited.

By the way, you might want to look into the midi communication between Cubase and SkaleVSTi (through midi in). It sounds kinda "jumpy". Not that it's lagging - it's not - but it doesn't feel very "tight". When I send midi notes to Skale, it sometimes trigs before I expect it to, and at other times, it trigs too late. It's not very big misses, but it sounds kinda "shuffled" at some points. If you compare it to e.g EnergyXT or Sonicbytes ERA, it's not at all as tight. Those VSTi hosts/sequencers sync as good as Cubase's own sequencer.

<edit>
It sounds almost as when you connect Skale standalone to a midi out interface and let Cubase receive on that interface (actually, the VST midi is a bit better, but it reminds me of it). Then it's pretty jumpy as well. But in my experience, all standalone audio programs that connect to other programs through virtual or hardware midi interfaces get pretty sloppy sync and sloppy "tightness" in the note trigging.
</edit>

I don't want to be bitchy, but I suspect most people feel that this is pretty important .

<edit2>
If you need some examples of this problem, I have mailed three examples of how this sounds to bugs<at>skale.org.
</edit2>

Thanks a lot, Bak !

//Tomas
xxx
Skale Clueless

Posted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: SkaleVSTi Fix

baktery wrote:

Hello,
thanx for new version of Skale
I try SkaleVSTi (this fix release) in CubaseSX...can't open skale.dat file...hmm, I dont use Cubase...
I try VST Adapter..its working fine. Then I open SkaleVSTi in Sonar 1.0 and its working! But there is no synchronization between Sonar timeline and Skale! Absolutely out of time and space
Tempo is set correctly, I must stop audio engine manualy otherwise scale dont stop. Then a start song from begin in sonar but scale will not start from begin...
Sorry for my bad english...
ACiD
Skale Newbie

Posted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject:

yes it works and oh my god itz fantastic it gives a whole new dimension in composing. thanx bak
elfan
Skale Newbie

Posted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: SkaleVSTi Fix

xxx wrote:
Hello,
thanx for new version of Skale
I try SkaleVSTi (this fix release) in CubaseSX...can't open skale.dat file...hmm, I dont use Cubase...
I try VST Adapter..its working fine. Then I open SkaleVSTi in Sonar 1.0 and its working! But there is no synchronization between Sonar timeline and Skale! Absolutely out of time and space
Tempo is set correctly, I must stop audio engine manualy otherwise scale dont stop. Then a start song from begin in sonar but scale will not start from begin...
Sorry for my bad english...

I would suspect that this has something to do with VST Adapter or Sonar, because the tempo and position sync is working perfectly in Cubase and in EnergyXT at least.

You might want to post this problem in the Sonar/VST Adapter forum too, so they can have a look at it .

//Tomas
sYnCHAoZ
Skale Lover

Posted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:25 pm    Post subject:

I am still getting the "Cannot read skale.dat" error with the new vstifix002.

And the tutorial is of no help either, it says nothing about the skale.dat file.
Skale Newbie

Posted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:33 am    Post subject:

If you read the HowToUseSkaleVSTiUnderCubase.html doc in the full Skale distro pack, you'll see how to setup the directories in order to make Skale find the skale.dat file. It doesn't have anything to do with the SkaleVSTi.dll really.

//Tomas
sYnCHAoZ
Skale Lover

Posted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:27 am    Post subject:

elfan wrote:
If you read the HowToUseSkaleVSTiUnderCubase.html doc in the full Skale distro pack, you'll see how to setup the directories in order to make Skale find the skale.dat file. It doesn't have anything to do with the SkaleVSTi.dll really.

//Tomas

I don't know which updated documents you must have, but the ones in the Skale080FULL.zip I have, from this website, the documents doesn't say anything about that.

It just says "2) After copying the files, run the Skale Tracker config program (ConfigSk@le077.exe) and choose your preferred options. Disabling Fullscreen mode is highly recommended to run Skale Tracker properly under cubase (see Image2). This will allow Skale Tracker to run in window mode."

I don't see anything about directories or skale.dat in there

I've got the "can't open skale.dat file" error fixed now though.
Skale Newbie

Posted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Point 1. and 3. in the doc would take care of the Skale.dat problem (that is, the location of the files is apparently important). Good to hear that you worked it out .

//Tomas
djze
Skale Clueless

Posted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:30 pm    Post subject:

A Skale directory with all Skale files must be created in the plugins folder and the SkaleVSTi.dll must be OUTSIDE that folder in the root of the plugins folder you are using.
squim
Skale Clueless

Posted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:36 am    Post subject:

"cannot load skale.dat"

then the plugin closes...

the end

Kmuland
Skale Lover

Posted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:15 am    Post subject:

Plz, can you tell us what VST host/sequencer are u using?

Notice that skale not work on all sequencers yet. SX and Nuendo2 works fine.. but for example not load in older cubase/nuendo versions... also no idea about Logic/Sonar/Samplitude/Cakewalk sequencers.
       Skale Tracker Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: