:: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
PLEASE DO A MACOSX SUPPORT!!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Skale Tracker Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
masterx
Skale Clueless

Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:04 am    Post subject: I started this thread but anyway i dont need it anymore

There are a lot of crappy programmers out there.

1) they dont do linux support

2) they dont give out the source even if the software is FREE (GNU, GPL)

3) they dont bother about other system compatibles

Skale tracker works under linux (hooray??) its a messed up binary file wich dont have *src*rpm files or tar.gz files or *deb files. So it only works 90% of the linux systems and kernels. Even though it doesnt work on MAC. Like i said read above about what kinda programmers are out there. They dont care. So this is for all the mac people:

1) Do an dual boot and install yellow dog linux and *TRY* out if the binary works ( i will tell you it WONT work because we dont have the source and the binary is build for x86 cpus. Lol even AMD64 or xeon users cant use the binary if they had it.

2) but an laptop or extra pc (no ibook or powerbook!)

3) just get used to renoise and buy the program!!! They do care about multi users! So it works under mac and even fast though!! Its better then skale.

well anyway we have now a few emulators for MAC!! More then before.

so we can try to use fast tracker under full version of PC DOS 7. Wich has all drivers and so on included (just search the web for the ISO its like 120 MB)

and try to install it with:

1) DOSBOX

2) Virtual PC 6 (not 7 its crappy as hell but hey its from microsoft thats the reason ) it suck your memory to zero.

3) iEmulator (wich works the best for me i am using it for Windows 2000 SP4 for some applications that i need)

anyway goodluck and cheers!!! Lets toast to the OPEN SOURCE OF FREEDOM!!! Wich skale tracker dont know

anyway if you are an advanced user try SOUND TRACKER. its for linux but you can use it because its OPEN SOURCE!!! You can install it with flink.

only advanced mac users know things about flink and how to use them. Goodluck my buddys. I am out now. Peace
Skale Lover

Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject:

Schism Tracker.
Great solution for Impulse Tracker users. But others really need Skale on Mac! Renoise is good for making music but not for making modules. Scene need one and only Skale Tracker.
mrpailes
Skale Clueless

Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject:

My Tracker already works to a certain degree on MacOSX:

http://oldschool.voodoofrog.com/milkytracker/

Interested?

Manwe
Skale Lover

Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Mrpailes, interested, of course! But I found just player for Mac OS X on your site (by the way, I tested it a week ago - it play XMs good). Drop a stroke to me (manwe@demoscene.ru) and let me test a tracker, please!
dBlues
Skale Moderator

Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: I started this thread but anyway i dont need it anymore

masterx wrote:
1) Do an dual boot and install yellow dog linux and *TRY* out if the binary works ( i will tell you it WONT work because we dont have the source and the binary is build for x86 cpus. Lol even AMD64 or xeon users cant use the binary if they had it.

This is bullshit. I have AMD 64 3400+ processor, Skale runs just fine. No problems (that anyone else doesn't have, that is).

But I do think Skale could benefit from open sourcing. There has been talk about releasing the source when version 1.0 arrives, but it's Baktery's code anyway and he has a right to do whatever he pleases. There is a lot of pro stuff (like ASIO and VST hosting) so it would be very generous to give it away. Anyway, all we can do atm is wait for a release and concentrate on composing some kick ass tunes meanwhile!
Skale Clueless

Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject:

I think masterx has absolutely no clue about what he is talking about.

Linux doesn't mean free (as in free beer)
Free (as in free beer) doesn't mean open-source
Binaries don't mean poor performances
Sources don't mean good performances
No linux port doesn't mean crappy programmers

And the climax of his non-sense is when he said you should get used to Renoise and buy it.
masterx: If you use Renoise why bother Skale users? And why do you suggest to buy it while you seem to be a (poor) advocate of free open-source software?
masterx
Skale Clueless

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:41 am    Post subject:

-_- I think masterx has absolutely no clue about what he is talking about.

= I do know what i am talking about as a linux and mac expert AND an certified sysadmin on all platforms

-_- Linux doesn't mean free (as in free beer)

= I think you dont know anything about linux and second i know you havnt run it in your life and third your a little kiddo around age 12?

Linux is FREE as it sounds like FREE. Learn more about linus torvalds who we thanking for of all this and learn more about the GNU, GPL.

Real progammers just support for any operating system and give out the SOURCE if they ment to do an linux support. I never heard of an programmer that build an BINARY without the source for free. Only people that gives an binary asking money. (wich it should end like that in the future)

-_- Binaries don't mean poor performances

= Binaries mean poor performances. See windows executeables if everything was OPEN SOURCE then we all can edit the source and fix bugs!! (thats open source world buddy)

-_- Sources don't mean good performances

= Yes it does. Except if you open it with your text editor then no it doesnt. But we dont count you for a man with good words do we?

-_- No linux port doesn't mean crappy programmers

= No it doesnt. But in this case it is. Why would you give out an linux binary for free and dont give us the source? If you dont give us the source then keep the whole linux binary for your self and keep on programming for poor winblowz OS.

-_- And the climax of his non-sense is when he said you should get used to Renoise and buy it.

= Its not nonsense. Renoise is way better then skale because mac people can run it and for the cost its fine. But like you know many music people doesnt use 1 software we all use more. Or if we are too happy about it we just use one. I like renoise but it will be better if we can use skale also. Then we can combine this for more effect and experiences.

-_- masterx: If you use Renoise why bother Skale users? And why do you suggest to buy it while you seem to be a (poor) advocate of free open-source software?

= well

1) because like i said we like to use more programs.

2) free open source is not poor it is for smart people and programmers that can learn from codes to fix bugs and create stable and usefull programs. But at this level ... you wont gonna make it in your whole life. Just stick with windows thats your brain and you dont go on higher level though so keep on clicking with your mice and please do not go in discussion or reply's with linux and open source people. We keep flaming you till you die. Keep on going the open source!!!

Anyway .. about the AMD64 thingy like the moderator tell us. Its very rare. In most cases when an program is compiled on an x86 based CPU (pc) it wil certainly not work on all processors. AMD64 is based on an other structure. But i am happy for the AMD users that this work i am getting a lot of messages sorry people i cant answer you all so it might take a few days or weeks before i am answering you but i do my best!! I just wanna make all the mac and linux people happy so i will support ya'll. ABout the emulator questions ... Just message me and i will answer and explain you some thing. But i have not tried every option i am going to buy an notebook and install linux on it special for music, multimedia and skale tracker. Then i can use skale finally and make music everywhere. I am going to use my Apple G4 for extreme server. So i do not bother about emulation or something. But i still wanna help you out just mail me! Peace out people [/quote]
Skale Clueless

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject:

I know it'll be useless to reply, but it's stronger than me...

masterx wrote:
I do know what i am talking about as a linux and mac expert AND an certified sysadmin on all platforms

How inpressive! That impresses much more than your posts really.

masterx wrote:
I think you dont know anything about linux and second i know you havnt run it in your life and third your a little kiddo around age 12?

I work with Linux everyday, dude. I've prolly installed a few dozens of Linux boxes for my work.
Even though my software is not open-source, I strongly support the OSS movement - especially Linux.

masterx wrote:
Linux is FREE as it sounds like FREE. Learn more about linus torvalds who we thanking for of all this and learn more about the GNU, GPL.

I know Linux is free! But that doesn't mean that every program that runs on it should be free too!

masterx wrote:
Real progammers just support for any operating system and give out the SOURCE if they ment to do an linux support. I never heard of an programmer that build an BINARY without the source for free. Only people that gives an binary asking money. (wich it should end like that in the future)

Again a proof you know nothing. Skale is free but not open-source. MadTracker and Renoise are free (to some extent) but the source is not open as well. ModPlug Tracker was free but not open-source until recently. Should I continue the (huge) list of free software that is not open-source?
Or maybe you meant for Linux? Well, that's true there aren't as many free closed-source software than for Windows, but they sure exist.
Anyway, there is no law that prevents someone to make a closed-source Linux program for free. Just don't mix the OS and the programs, thanks.

masterx wrote:
Binaries mean poor performances. See windows executeables if everything was OPEN SOURCE then we all can edit the source and fix bugs!! (thats open source world buddy)

1. You can optimize your binaries (one day, you should check the options of your compiler)
2. People can fix bugs without opening the source. It may take a longer time, ok, but they can do it nevertheless.

masterx wrote:
-_- Sources don't mean good performances

= Yes it does. Except if you open it with your text editor then no it doesnt. But we dont count you for a man with good words do we?

What the hell are you talking about? "Except if you open it with your text editor"??
You can have poorly-coded sources like you can have poorly-coded binaries. It's not because you open your sources that it will automagically become optimized and powerful!

masterx wrote:
Why would you give out an linux binary for free and dont give us the source? If you dont give us the source then keep the whole linux binary for your self and keep on programming for poor winblowz OS.

Again: programming for Linux doesn't mean you must do it freely and with the source open.

masterx wrote:
Just stick with windows thats your brain and you dont go on higher level though so keep on clicking with your mice and please do not go in discussion or reply's with linux and open source people. We keep flaming you till you die. Keep on going the open source!!!

Indeed, there are many open-source zealots with no clue who keep on flaming others and ruin the reputation of open-source in general. Stop that behaviour, dude.
I love Linux, I love open-source. But I like to speak about it (and about closed-source) in a clever way. Not in a stubborn prejudged way like you.

masterx wrote:
In most cases when an program is compiled on an x86 based CPU (pc) it wil certainly not work on all processors. AMD64 is based on an other structure.

Compiling for x86 means for every processors since Intel (and thus AMD) made all their processors backward compatible for obvious reasons. Furthermore, the AMD64 architecture can run any x86 compiled code.
masterx
Skale Clueless

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:34 am    Post subject: Skale and mac

For all those skale lovers. I am busy with an project to run skale tracker on macos in real time. I Dont know when its done. Curently skale runs with emulators but it doenst run so very well. So we need to run this binary precompiled for linux in macosx. We need some wrappers to do that. I cant say that it will be working for 100% but ill try. For all those emulation people and questions .. ill be answer that later i need more ram in my mac to do more experiences to able to tell you wich emulator you need to use and how to optimize it to let skale works perfectly under macosx. Well anyway. Cheers

Greetings and goodluck!

MasterX
Skale Lover

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:55 am    Post subject:

Guess, you need dual G5 2.5 GHz for run Skale well under x86 emulator...
baktery
Skale Developer

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject:

A MacOSX version of Skale will be released during this year.
Manwe
Skale Lover

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject:

Oh, Baktery, did you decide to buy Mac?
baktery
Skale Developer

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Not yet, using an emulator.
masterx
Skale Clueless

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Skale Tracker? lol nevermind

Well my brother has an Notebook Centrino 1,6 with ATI 9700 64 (not shared) in it and 512 MB ddr. He uses official WIndows that ships with the notebook. I tryed latest Skale tracker 0.80 in it and i want to remix an song. In the windows version. I loaded some samples in skale and the program just crash lol. What a crappy program. I prefer to use "Mad Tracker" witch will not crash so i hope they make an mac version skale is out of my book. If its crashing in windows it will crash in mac also. Its just an stupid porting source code (like all programmers do with games) so i give you 1 advice for the windows users. 1 use madtracker for FREE to make an FT2 module song 2 use Skale tracker to export the song as wave then you dont need to buy the madtracker program. But if you wanna support them just buy the madtracker prog. Well peeps i hope that madtracker will grow and rule everything because i always used it on windows i thought skale will rock harder but it dont. Skale tracker is only good for exporting to wave. And the updates are slow as hell. Also the midi support is not good. I am using an O2 keyboard (wich many mac users use it for readon 2.x and cubase)

Mad tracker still rule everything
Skale Clueless

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject:

Skale Tracker Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: