:: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
PLEASE DO A MACOSX SUPPORT!!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Skale Tracker Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tjernobyl
Skale Clueless

Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject:

having support for sevral platforms actually only means a MORE stable product in stead of the FUD that microsoft spreads...

By using common libraries you downsize the need to implement stuff twice (or more)...and common libraries also means that your stuff will be tested in more then one environment! This means your code will show bugs earlier in the coding process, VERY importent!

Also the FUD that the development process will take longer is another nice lie that has been spread...again using common libraries and a standardized development process you create a system that via for instance a simple command line argument compiles your code for different architecture at the press of a button!

I would love to see the skale tracker for mac OSX, BeOS, win32, linux etc...that would only mean that the development process is working and the code wont fail easily (as for say explorer or windows...hehe).
Skale Newbie

Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:41 pm    Post subject:

Manwe wrote:
It's not clever to ignore Mac More and more musicians moving to this platform. If you'll try once, you'll understand.[/i]

We have a Mac at the second studio of my band and and I think I know exactly the feel you might be talking about. But that was not the issue, I just wanted to raise a conversation on how it would affect the overall development process of Skale (at the moment that is. Maybe on the long run it is a great idea to work on software for both these platforms, so I'm with you on that one Manwe)...

Visit www.platinum.ac - A Finnish clubbing and music discussion forum
dBlues
Skale Moderator

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:09 am    Post subject:

Manwe wrote:
It's not clever to ignore Mac More and more musicians moving to this platform. If you'll try once, you'll understand.[/i]

What I've heard about people using Macs, they are a happy bunch. The programs work, no hours of hassle like with windows. My current windows (xp) is working pretty allright though, although I can never be sure whether the next service pack is going to mess it up etc. Pretty damn expensive machines though.
Manwe
Skale Lover

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:00 am    Post subject:

About expansive, it's another nice lie Try to find good PC notebook for 1099$. I mean fast, ultra quiet, cool and light machine with long working time on battery. Like iBook G4. I tested two PC notebooks few month ago and found them too expensive and not so good. After that I bought Mac. In fact, I saved a lot of money.
...But let's talk about Skale tracker again
Tranceparent
Skale Moderator

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:18 am    Post subject:

Manwe wrote:
...But let's talk about Skale tracker again

Ok, but first I need to say that Mac's just look extremely cool.

Location: Santiago de Compostela> Galicia> Spain> Europe> Earth

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:24 am    Post subject: I don't think so...

All we are trying to flee from Micro$oft. MacO$ is another platform into the hands of a single company, operating system and hardware (I hate this).

The priority must be the version for Linux (free and open).
Tranceparent
Skale Moderator

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:01 am    Post subject:

To be honest, I really don't care who gets the money, I care about getting a good all-in-one music composition tool.

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: I don't think so...

Angelus wrote:
...The priority must be the version for Linux (free and open).

I agree, but not because I think Windows is crap and so forth. But Bak already have a Linux version working and buglists due to the Linux bug forum. So he should improve that version before starting another one. Else he'll end up with 3-4 different platforms to simutainiously code.

So I would hold with a Mac OS version til the Linux version is top notch.
Y
Skale Clueless

Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject:

actually osX (as mac os is os9 and lower) is unix based so it shouldnt be THAT hard to port it to the mac...
Pailes
Skale Clueless

Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:14 pm    Post subject:

I can only agree to what Manwe is saying.

Mac OS X is a great stable and nice looking Unix based OS coming with a free development environment.
I've got my own replay routines ported from Win32 to Mac OS X in only one evening.
Please make an OS X port so we can start making great music on OS X too...

Regards...
Swag
Skale Clueless

Posted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject:

To make a long story short:

Back in the days I created music firstly with OctaMED for the Amiga, and when I moved on to the PC-platform I used FastTracker. After a while I was looking at different sequencers and started to learn them.

This year, I got fed up with Windows and I got myself an iBook. I love this machine in every way, but I need a Tracker. I work much faster and better with a tracker than a sequencer. What Iīm looking for is a tracker like Sk@le. It must have VST support. I havenīt found one yet for OS X, and Iīm thinking of selling my iBook and get a PC again, even though I really donīt want to.

In short: Please do a OS X port, so I donīt have to sell my Mac.

Sorry about my bad english, by the way...
Skale Clueless

Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject:

I'm contributing on a musicplayer for Linux. We have also support for both BSD and OSX and soon to come Windows. The OS-X port was just a matter of writing an output driver for OS-X coreaudio. Otherwise everything worked like a charm. Diffrent applications have diffrent problems but for us it was an easy task.
I'm unable to download Skale using firefox. The "submit();" doesen't work and the url cannot be entered by itself because of external link protection. Is this application based on SDL? If so it would most likely be an easy task.
squim
Skale Clueless

Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject:

while it's true there arent alot of good free music softs for mac i'm tired of people always saying windows is shit... just because macs are slick and expensive and instantly somehow cooler because they come in candy dipped metalic cases... i know macs are stable and it would be nice to be able to afford one but plenty of great stuff is being done with the p.c.s... and alot of the software i like to use is p.c. only. sure port skale to every possible o.s. but don't forget us poor pathetic p.c. users.
lapooh
Skale User

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:53 pm    Post subject:

squim wrote:
while it's true there arent alot of good free music softs for mac i'm tired of people always saying windows is shit... just because macs are slick and expensive and instantly somehow cooler because they come in candy dipped metalic cases... i know macs are stable and it would be nice to be able to afford one but plenty of great stuff is being done with the p.c.s... and alot of the software i like to use is p.c. only. sure port skale to every possible o.s. but don't forget us poor pathetic p.c. users.

I would gladly pay for a os x version of this program, so i can dump my pc.
Just for the pure joy in not having to suppport microsoft.

An apple a day they say...
Manwe
Skale Lover

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject:

I got all music programms I need in 2 weeks after moving from PC to Mac. Except Impulse Tracler and Fast Tracker (so, I still run it with DOSbox emulator). Well, new Renoise for Mac is good, but it can't work with old good MOD/S3M/XMs. So, Skale Tracker will be one and only normal tracker for Mac, we need it!
       Skale Tracker Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: