:: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
PLEASE DO A MACOSX SUPPORT!!!!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Skale Tracker Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
masterx
Skale Clueless

Posted: Mon May 31, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: PLEASE DO A MACOSX SUPPORT!!!!!!

Where is the MAC OS X support? What a crap. Only Microsucks Winblows support and an Linux BINARY wich is compiled for a x86 based cpu from the years 1976 till 2004 structure pentium and amd lol. I hope you can compile it on a MAC OS X system. Dont have a MAC home? Then use PEARPC emulator to execute MAC and compile it there and post it on this site!!! G3, G4, G5 CPU must be supported.
Manwe
Skale Lover

Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Yes, Bak! Do it, please!
I just bought iBook G4 1 GHz - it's great machine. I even asked Ian Luck to port XMPlay to Mac, and he did it in one weekend! It's so easy
masterx
Skale Clueless

Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: Fast Tracker is still better tho

Oh well ... i got fast tracker 2 running on my panter mac os x 10.3.4 imac 1,23 ghz, 512 ddr 333, G4 ... so why bother for skale tracker? Anyway if you guys still thinking to do an macosx support in the future, i hope you do. Because the music world is still in apples hands in studios and disney has apple in his hands too. Only people with windows is the people at home and the people at offices. Wich get 10 virusses in a year around the world so i dont understand why people dont make music things compatible on mac. Anyway i will use Fast Tracker 2 for now. And i check later on if skale tracker is made for mac osx. Dont care now. Goodluck everyone!

Greetings. And have a nice day all
Skale Lover

Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:57 pm    Post subject:

Hey... Can you explain us how to run FT2 on mac?

I dont have a mac.. but I can imagine you use a MSdos emulator and also Soundblaster emulator for run it.

I tried some MSdos emulators for XP trying to run FT2 some time ago.. but I forgot them cause they consumed so much CPU

How good works these Msdos Mac emulator?
FT2 recognize a SBpro (44100 mono) or a SB16 (44100 stereo) on mac?
lapooh
Skale User

Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:21 am    Post subject:

A os x version would be fabulous!
masterx
Skale Clueless

Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject:

Kmuland wrote:
Hey... Can you explain us how to run FT2 on mac?

I dont have a mac.. but I can imagine you use a MSdos emulator and also Soundblaster emulator for run it.

I tried some MSdos emulators for XP trying to run FT2 some time ago.. but I forgot them cause they consumed so much CPU

How good works these Msdos Mac emulator?
FT2 recognize a SBpro (44100 mono) or a SB16 (44100 stereo) on mac?

I will explain howto run Fast Tracker 2 in MAC. but a little note here. IF you run FT2 on MAC, then i guess you need a little fast mac to do it and i guess you need a GOOD soundblaster card (creative cards is now USB too and its great!!! even for studios.) anyway here is the trick:

first get your self an MAC (wich is NOT exspensive and you can find them cheap on ebay i guess an 400 mhz will do this trick alsoon the old imac then you need to use jaguar 10.2)

Second you need a fast emulator to emualte FT2. I will recommand these emulators:

1) DOXBOX (only works on 10.2 and 10.3)

you can get it here

http://www.ixitixel.privat.t-online.de/dOSboX.zip

2) Radnor (wich i use)

you can get it here:

http://sveinbjorn.vefsyn.is/files/software/Radnor.zip

NOTE: these are all binarys so you dont need to compile them! And its all free tho

now open up any of these emulators and extract them on your Desktop. Now open up radnor ... you see a simple interface ... select browse or any kind of button that is there and browse to your Fast tracker version 2.08!!! DONT use 2.09 because of the IRQ settings! So for an simple way you need to extract your Fast Tracker 2.08.zip to your desktop called FT2 ... now open up FT2.exe with your radnor emu... if it goes good you are now in fast tracker ... now you only need to do is open up the config and select soundblaster device ... leave the IRQ default in Fast tracker 2.08 and save your config. NOTE: DO NOT USE THIS ON 4400 leave it as 8000 or elese your emu will hang up and this is NOT good for your onboard soundcard! Anyway open up a song and try it out ... there is only 1 thingy ... it does work BUT the sync. of the music and screen is not 100% good .... you have 1 sec lag of each sample but if you used it much you dont bother the sound is great!! Anyway here is the step for DOSBOX

For DOSBOX you do the same .. you need to extract it on your desktop ... and you need to extract fast tracker 2.08 also. Now copy the FT2 dir into the directory of DOSBOX so you now have /usr/Desktop/DOSBOX/FT2

Run DOSBOX and UNCHECK fullscreen .... start with the window. Now you are in dos. Now type in:

cd FT2 (you are now in FT2 dir .. if not you need to check what your folder is named with the command dir)

as second you now do:

ft2.exe

and ft2 is gonna open. What you need to do is open up the config and set up the sound device as soundblaster AND dont forget to set up the memory to the half of your memory that is inside of your mac!!! if you have 256 MB then set up your ram memory in fast tracker to 128 or 96 ... now leave the IRQ default and save.

Now your sound is a little crackling and messed up. You need to frameskip 1 + or 2+ by pressing CTRL+F11 and if you wanna do it less then press CTRL+12 ... just play a little with the configurations. IT DOES WORK!!!!!!!!!! anyway i will update the info if i know more about it. But this is a start people FT2 is finnaly running on our LINUX and MACOSX!!! I dont use windows so windows users PLEASE try this out for your self if you wanna try it on windows:

windows DOS emu:

1) http://members.home.nl/mabus/

2) http://www.pcgamester.co.uk/modules/news/

3) http://www.ingoknito.de/produkte/dbfrontend/

4) http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/dosbox/DOSBox0.61-win32-installer.exe?download

have fun people and try it out!!!
Skale Clueless

Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject:

Very interesting, indeed.
What about midi? Does it work with mac on ft2?
If it does, i will sell my pc...
I'm using ft2 with win98 and it works great, but there's no midi at all, strange... And now i must do all synth programming with skale and i don't like this at all.
All i want is: ft2 running winxp and supporting stereo samples, but no, they give us a skale tracker, damn...
masterx
Skale Clueless

Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:24 pm    Post subject:

janski wrote:
Very interesting, indeed.
What about midi? Does it work with mac on ft2?
If it does, i will sell my pc...
I'm using ft2 with win98 and it works great, but there's no midi at all, strange... And now i must do all synth programming with skale and i don't like this at all.
All i want is: ft2 running winxp and supporting stereo samples, but no, they give us a skale tracker, damn...

Yeah i know how you feel bro i HATE pc too with stupid windows. But hey ... people like more GFX insteed of stable and GOOD working programs. Skale tracker is more GFX and its all GUI. But did you try other trackers? They maybe good for you. When i used windows i used these trackers:

1) fast tracker 2 on win 98 (best tracker ever)
2) madtracker (very good tracker only for wave support you need to buy it)
3) renoise tracker (wich its the best tracker around these days)
4) skale tracker (if you like GFX and a look a like of FT2)

i like fast tracker also dudeo but they stopped what you can try for your midi support is ... to install DOS on your pc on a new partiion and you need to find al DOS drivers for your hardware like memory, mouse, keyboard, midi devices and sound. Then you can run pcdos 7x with fast tracker. Its a lot work to do but it runs better then windows and it will never crash thats important. Also what you can do is try to install linux on your pc (i recommand suse, mandrake for sound support) and try to run dosbox there. and run ft2 in linux. About the question of the macosx that you asked ... hmmm ... i dont use midi yet so i cant tell you buy an cheap old mac pc like 400 mhz or higher ... and try it out dude! Mac is also good to have. And when you have it , contact me if you need software. i can leech some stuff like audio editors or other things that has to do with music. Anyway goodluck all. and remmeber ... FAST TRACKER IS THE BEST!!! nothing will beat it never!
Skale Moderator

Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Skale is all sound quality and power of composition. Skale has all that ft2 has (no, not all the effects work like in ft2 but in the next version they probably do. Personally, I couldnt care less) and it's getting lightyears better after new release (what do you mean high expectations? ). You need Mac version, fine. Wouldn't hurt me either but let's not let it delay the new release, ok ?
...wait a minute, did you say renoise? not jabbanoising?
Manwe
Skale Lover

Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:58 pm    Post subject:

FT2 (as well as ST3 and IT) running too slow on my iBook G4 1GHz (under DosBox or VirtualPC). And with poor sound quality. Nothing can help.
So, Skale Tracker port for OS X is that very thing, I waiting for. And I'm not alone, in fact
It-Alien
Skale Clueless

Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject:

Just FYI, ReNoise's next version, 1.5, will be released on bot Win and Mac platforms.

The new version is currently into final pre-Alpha stage.
Alpha version for a restrict registered users clan is planned in a brief period.
Then public beta period will start.

Thanks.
Solid Reptile
Skale Newbie

Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject:

I also wonder why there already isn't a mac support

maybe because skale is still a beta and Baktery already planned this as future work without telling us
Skale Lover

Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: Mac emulator

Read this: http://www.transitive.com/features.htm
Skale Newbie

Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: PLEASE DO A MACOSX SUPPORT!!!!!!

masterx wrote:
Where is the MAC OS X support? What a crap. Only Microsucks Winblows support and an Linux BINARY wich is compiled for a x86 based cpu from the years 1976 till 2004 structure pentium and amd lol. I hope you can compile it on a MAC OS X system. Dont have a MAC home? Then use PEARPC emulator to execute MAC and compile it there and post it on this site!!! G3, G4, G5 CPU must be supported.

Please DON'T make a MAC version.... Just look at Renoise & Cubase SX... Do we really need to fight to fix the bugs on two platforms simultaneusly instead of havin a great stabile and fully working program on one platform?

I Feel creating a program for many different platform at the same time might leads to too either many compromises or ever lenghtening deadlines on releases? Opinions?

It seems to me that Renoise is all buggy at the moment and now that they have had a buggy MAC & PC beta release of it out for quite a while now no-one really wants to compose with them. I hear most people are still using Renoise 1.281 instead.

Skale tracker might become the leading tracker in PC world as it's going to come out as a VSTi. IMO No need to ruin that furure before it's even started

Visit www.platinum.ac - A Finnish clubbing and music discussion forum
Manwe
Skale Lover

Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:07 pm    Post subject:

It's not clever to ignore Mac More and more musicians moving to this platform. If you'll try once, you'll understand.[/i]
       Skale Tracker Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: