:: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Skale Tracker Is Crap
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Skale Tracker Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Solid Reptile
Skale Newbie

Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:54 am    Post subject:

you won't talk that smooth when Madtracker 3 comes out

anyway i've played around with skale, and I understand why people like this tracker.
Skale Newbie

Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 1:15 pm    Post subject:

@DJS909

If you are looking for cool new generation trackers also check out

Renoise. Also check out info on Renoise 1.5
Aero studio.
Psycle
Buzzle (not released)

And http://www.audiolabz.com/al/viewtopic.php?t=2
(not released, looks very promsing if you don't judge a program by the graphics.)
Oblagon
Skale User

Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Solid Reptile wrote:
you won't talk that smooth when Madtracker 3 comes out

anyway i've played around with skale, and I understand why people like this tracker.

MT3 is as elusive as IT3. Me thinks it will never happen. i'll be in shock if either finally gets released
Tranceparent
Skale Moderator

Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Solid Reptile wrote:

So you said Skale is crap, while you didn't even try it properly?
DJS909
Skale Clueless

Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:23 am    Post subject:

1. I'll judge Madtracker3, when it comes out. So far, I am NOT impressed by ANY madtrackers. I thought of them as inferior toys pretending to be real trackers. The only thing they might be good for is playing xms or mods, not for composing any serious music on, since you lack about all the options that make a program good. Like, good graphical interface, good sample interfaces, good instrument editors, and such.

2. Inertia tracker 3? Are you serious? I know a guy who was into the Inertia crew. His name was 'The Industrial Man' I think. Anyway, we'll see. I didn't think Skale Tracker would be around until I actually seen it. I didn't think ANY program like that would be around.

3. I'm not getting into anything else until I've looked into Skale Tracker first.

4. Isn't that funny, Tranceparent.
Oblagon
Skale User

Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject:

IT = impulse tracker. inertia tracker sounds like something from amiga back in the day. in any case, that ain't it.
Solid Reptile
Skale Newbie

Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject:

but after all i still think skale is a cheap free tracker

( I repeat: I understand why people are using it.. you can make some simple mono tunes with it.. no big deal if you aint got 40 euro's to register a PROPER tracker)

the sound quality is is bad is fuck

in ft2 there always was a space between the numbers like

00 ---- --

01 ---- --

02 ---- --

skale doen't have it and skale also doens't have Rewire!

how the hell im gonna link skale to professional software like Cubase?

go ahead, reply, im reading
Skale Lover

Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject:

You are speaking seriously about Skale sound quality is bad?

Have you really tested it? Im really not agree about that. Test it again loading same song on both trackers and reply sinceruosly..., and take tare about selecting directx drivers and cubic interpolation on Skale config for get best output.
If you are using skale with linear interpolation or without any interpolation, realy sound is not so great. Use cubic one.

Next skale version will be VSTi... so you will be able to conect to cubase/nuendo/logic/samplitude/sonar/etc...., and all these sequencers have rewire.. so there are no problem for use Reason and Skale at same time as you want...

Is rewire support finished on Madtracker? I heard that was not yet.
Oblagon
Skale User

Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject:

SR.... how am i going to work with external synths with mad tracker ? the midi out is fucked up. rewire is fucked up here as well. MT has some advantages like working VSTI, better sample interpolation in the disk writer and automation. The last 2 i don't particularely care about. VST is a big issue but Skale will get that in a matter of weeks. MT had no VST untill recently and no clear advantage over Skale whatsoever. So why the fuck are you coming here suddenly with all this superiority crap ?? MT costs money while Skale is FREE.

Midi out works very well in Skale and I love the interface. Go use your MT if you like it and shut the fuck up.
Tranceparent
Skale Moderator

Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:53 pm    Post subject:

Solid Reptile wrote:
you can make some simple mono tunes with it..

I don't know your definition of mono, but the sound output is stereo.
I don't know your definition of simple, but Skale allows songs to be as complex as they can be with other trackers.

Solid Reptile wrote:
The sound quality is is bad is fuck

I suppose you mean that you don't like the sound quality.....

Untill VSTi's arent fully functional, I agree with you that the sound quality is not as good as a fully functional VSTi host.

Solid Reptile wrote:

in ft2 there always was a space between the numbers like

00 ---- --

01 ---- --

02 ---- --

skale doen't have it

Ok now you convinced me, Skale is crap

Solid Reptile wrote:

and skale also doens't have Rewire!

how the hell im gonna link skale to professional software like Cubase?

Next version of Skale will be a VSTi, so you can plug it into Cubase

Solid Reptile wrote:
go ahead, reply, im reading

Nobody forces you to use Skale so stop your crusade against the ones that DO use Skale.

Please go and create wonderfull things with your superior Madtracker, and let us stupid Skale users mess around in peace. In other words STFU.
DJS909
Skale Clueless

Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:16 am    Post subject:

What I'd like to know, is if this 'madtracker crusader' has ever actually produced something. Maybe he could provide us with an mp3, displaying his all knowing skill and expertise using this godsent program called madtracker.
Yannick
Skale Clueless

Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject:

I'd like to tell you that this message and behaviour doesn't reflect the MT community at all. There is no such "MadTracker crusade" like Tranceparent pretends. This is the first and only time I see a message like this from a MT user... while there has been quite a few messages of this kind on the MT.org forum from Renoise users (don't recall any from Skale users). Thoose messages are completely stupid. Noone has the right to tell you what to use. Furthemore, there is no best or worst tracker - it's a matter of taste and feeling. Period.

Also, I'd like to reply to a couple of points:

Kmuland wrote:

It's only in alpha stage in the current release candidate. The main work was done on the VST part so far.

Oblagon wrote:
how am i going to work with external synths with mad tracker ? the midi out is fucked up. rewire is fucked up here as well.

Like I said, ReWire is in alpha stage. And MIDI-out as well... it's not even officially announced.

Oblagon wrote:
MT has some advantages like working VSTI, better sample interpolation in the disk writer and automation. The last 2 i don't particularely care about.[...] MT costs money while Skale is FREE

MT is free as well if you don't need the disk writer (which is your case).
I'm maybe a "make-me-rich" dude (I'm not reach at all btw) but at least MT is around for more than 5 years already.

DJS909 wrote:
The only thing they might be good for is playing xms or mods, not for composing any serious music on[...]

Indeed, MT2 plays XMs quite well (*hint* ). But you can also compose serious music. (Be sure to check this year's compo results which will be available in a couple of weeks.)

Anyway, as closing words I'd say that each tracker has its own audience. And there is no need/point to try to make others change their mind.

Good luck to the Skale staff.

Thank you,
Yannick
Extacado
Skale Clueless

Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject:

whoa, I haven't been on these forums in a while.

Madtracker has track-automation, which is easier for perhaps trance type songs because you can automate and adjust the resonance and cut-off.
I know how to do this in Skale, but it is much harder, and the sound doesn't come out the same.

But saying MT2 is better than Skale is something no one should say. I've downloaded a few MP3s made with Skale and MT2, and those songs are so kick ass. And I've done a few kick-ass songs in Skale and a few in MT2. I'm my opinion Skale is perfect if you have a midi keyboard, and I love the interface, the fact that VST effects the instruments and not the channel provides for a good sound. But MT2 has track-effects and the automation makes it utra powerful but I'm sure you've heard the complaints of 'boring windows interface'. but like Yannick said Its stayed strong since 2000, and I entered the compo.

Same goes for Renoise. I'm also waiting for the new release of that program, and it is the most powerful, but a lot of users would rather go on the internet and bash skale and matracker instead of using Renoise to it's full potential. I'm more agreeable with a user who makes good songs in Skale, and doesn't complain.

Basically they are all just trackers, there's some instruments and a multi-track sequencer.. so thats all you should need to make a good song.
Tranceparent
Skale Moderator

Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Yannick wrote:
I'd like to tell you that this message and behaviour doesn't reflect the MT community at all. There is no such "MadTracker crusade" like Tranceparent pretends.

I was referring to Solid Reptile's personal crusade, I never mentioned the MT community as a whole. I do know most of the MT people are nice, so I'm sorry if you misunderstood me.

Yannick wrote:
But you can also compose serious music.
Yeah, especially track #32 is great.
Solid Reptile
Skale Newbie

Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject:

Kmuland wrote:
You are speaking seriously about Skale sound quality is bad?

Have you really tested it? Im really not agree about that. Test it again loading same song on both trackers and reply sinceruosly..., and take tare about selecting directx drivers and cubic interpolation on Skale config for get best output.
If you are using skale with linear interpolation or without any interpolation, realy sound is not so great. Use cubic one.

Next skale version will be VSTi... so you will be able to conect to cubase/nuendo/logic/samplitude/sonar/etc...., and all these sequencers have rewire.. so there are no problem for use Reason and Skale at same time as you want...

MadTracker fully supports Rewire in Mt 2.5 RC3
       Skale Tracker Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: