:: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Skale Tracker source code?

Skale Tracker Forum Index -> Skale Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scream

Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:44 am    Post subject: Skale Tracker source code?

hi,
I was happy when I found this project because I loved FT2 and there was not such a good tracker for Linux & *BSD. But after looking into the archive I got dissapointed. There is only a precompiled binary for RH. So I can't run it on my NetBSD workstation. And I don't want to install Linux (especially RedHat ) only to make music in Skale Tracker. I can't even look through the sources, try to compile them and port this "100% completely free" program to BSD-licensed open source system that I use.
So why not to make Skale Tracker really free, open source project? More people involved in development = faster development, more features it has, more platforms it runs. And more people could use it!

greets,
scream at hyperreal dot info
st3vie
Skale Administrator

Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:05 pm    Post subject:

hi =)

the reason it's pretty simple, though probably disappointing for
most *nix & *BSD users...

the developer wants it this way.

He once said, that he might think of making it opensource
from v1, or perhaps v2, but for now it's just waiting and see
how all will go in the future.

-st3vie
slow

Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:40 am    Post subject: runs great on freebsd

sorry to bring up an old thread but I just thought I would point this out to anyone who didnt know.

Skale runs great on freebsd using the linux emulation layer you just have to install the linux-sdl port.

this also brings up the point that if the Developers wanted too, they could provide a native bsd binary with out much of a fuss (other than having to install a bsd distro).

either way it runs just as good under freebsd as it did with my linux box.
MAWSpitau
Skale Clueless

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject:

Hi Guys.

Maybe there is another advantage to have an opensource programm. Maybe some guys have ideas about getting LDASP or VST running on Linux. Or other ideas about features

BUT: I do acept the choice of the developer(s)!

cu
MAW
       Skale Tracker Forum Index -> Skale Suggestions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: