:: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
[0.All] Skale starts producing sound clicks after a while

Skale Tracker Forum Index -> Skale Bug Report
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tranceparent
Skale Moderator

Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:50 am    Post subject: [0.All] Skale starts producing sound clicks after a while

Bug reported by vereiser:

Quote:

When Skale is running, but you do nothing (play or edit) more than 10 minutes (sometimes more), Skale makes some peculiar. When you play the song after that no-doing-period Skale krggl and krrggl .
!!!! Don't save song when that error occoures, will crash your SkaleSongs !!!!
Tranceparent
Skale Moderator

Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:24 pm    Post subject:

I also experienced this bug, but I don't think it has to do with 'not doing anything' for a while. Sometimes it also happens when you press play, while you just edited a few notes.

Furthermore I have no problems when saving my songs while it does the clicking and popping.

@Bak:
This bug also occured in older versions, but it was solved in (I think) v0.76.
Templar
Skale User

Posted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:49 pm    Post subject:

I have this problem and I'm pretty sure it occurred in 0.76w too. In my case this usually occurs after skale has only ben running in the background for a while just like vereiser described.
Technix

Posted: Sun May 01, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject: clicking

I do seem to have the same problem. But with me it goes sometimes that far, that my whole pc crashes. The sound that was played goes in a sort of loop and repeats itself very loud. Sometimes it is not possible to shut skale down when it's doing that. I use a Soundblaster Live card, but using Kx drivers. maybe that's a problem?
vereiser
Skale Moderator

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Skale starts producing sound clicks after a while

Vereiser wrote:

When Skale is running, but you do nothing (play or edit) more than 10 minutes (sometimes more), Skale makes some peculiar. When you play the song after that doing-nothing period Skale produces soundclicks.

Version V0.80b has that problem too.

Intel Pentium 4 / 2,8 GHz / 1 GB DDR / WinXP Prof. / Hoontech DSP24 Value (multichannel soundcard)
Sendar
Skale Clueless

Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject:

I have a similar problem. I use Skale as a plugin to Cubase. After working on the same song for a while, pressing any button in the Cubase-controlbar (like play, stop, jumpback, etc.) causes a REALLY LOUD AND DISTURBING noise. I'm not sure, but it sounds like the first couple of milliseconds of EVERY sample that I'm using are played at once. The only way to get rid of it, is to save and close the song and then load it again. A lot of times it occurs only a couple of minutes after opening the song, so it gets pretty frustrating.
Paou

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:04 am    Post subject:

I have a simmilar problem, after a while the sound becomes "clicky". Lot's of crackling and popping. (as if the playback buffer is the wrong size and/or is not being completely populated?)

As a solution. I found adjusting the latency (up or down) fixes the problem. (Buffer get's resized?)

The second isue, the loud bangs... Are any VSTfx loaded? I only get it sometimes when I use freeverb. If I don't have that loaded then the loud bangs don't happen!
Sendar
Skale Clueless

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject:

As for the loud bangs: You're right, I found out that they start happening as soon as I add effects to the different channels. Sometimes it's a plugin like FreeVerb or MaxBass, but it also happens to regular Cubase stuff like Double Delay or Reverb. When I add reverb or delay, it gets added to the loud bang as well.
       Skale Tracker Forum Index -> Skale Bug Report All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: