:: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
[linux] caps lock problem

Skale Tracker Forum Index -> Skale Bug Report
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quasi
Skale Clueless

Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: [linux] caps lock problem

linux (slackware 10) sticky capslock proble. am i alone??
sasquelch
Skale Clueless

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:39 am    Post subject:

Yeah I get the crazy caps prob with skale 0.8 on my debian box.
skagen
Skale Jedi

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:26 pm    Post subject:

Please post bug reports in the correct board.

* Moved to Bug Report *
syncat
Skale Clueless

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Gentoo Linux - the same problem

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:15 am    Post subject:

I just tried the Linux version for the first time, and noticed this same problem (Arch Linux). Otherwise appears to run fine.

Since note off is a rather important command, this makes the program almost unusable, doesn't it? Is there any way to change keybindings in the Linux version?
elcalen
Skale Clueless

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:17 am    Post subject:

Heh, I somehow managed to accidentally log out just before I posted that. But seriously, this is a really restricting bug...

EDIT:

Well, you can use capslock for note offs, but you have to hit it twice every time you do so...

A couple of other things:

When changing instrument banks, numlock only changes to the first bank when turning numlock on, but nothing happens when turning it off... Related to the capslock problem, perhaps?

Mouse wheel doesn't seem to work...

I'm using a scandinavian keyboard, meaning I have the letters , and near the right end. In Windows (and in other Linux apps, like SoundTracker) these function normally as a part of the piano keys, but do nothing here... Some other keys near the right end don't function either, I guess this may result from having a slightly different configuration from "standard" keyboards due to the additional letters... (But Enter at the very end does...) (For example, at the end of the "qwerty" row I have the keys P, , " (this should be two dots, not a quote, but apparently it doesn't display right without a letter underneath, on my system anyway), and the upper end of Enter. P is E, as usual, but and " do nothing, while Enter is A...) I might be that this isn't really a bug, but a configuration problem. Setting keys in Linux would seem to be problematic, with the lack of the config program and the file in binary format...

Oh, and the "sliding doors" are buggy... Only the upper "door" is generally shown. Weird.

Well, that's about all the bugs I've noticed in the Linux version so far. Mainly it seems to be the controls that have problems. (And then there's of course the lack of plugin support, which is a bummer.)
Squirrel Havoc
Skale Newbie

Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Just so people know, Skale for Linux works peachy on Ubuntu 5.10, although I have the same problem with the "doors", and caps lock

Simple Music From Simple Minds
       Skale Tracker Forum Index -> Skale Bug Report All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: