:: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
[VSTi] Hosts

Skale Tracker Forum Index -> Documentation, Tips & Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carotinho
Skale Newbie

Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: [VSTi] Hosts

Hi!
I'm looking for a good and -possibly- free VST host. Which one do you suggest?

Thanks in advance!

Byez

Quid ergo est tempus? Si nemo ex me quaerat, scio; si quaerent explicare velim, nescio.
dBlues
Skale Moderator

Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject:

What kind of host are you talking about, with a sequencer or just for playing? Even Skale can be a good VSTi-host already, if you don't happen to need a particular synth that doesn't work innit . For me it works ok. I guess you could check tobybear's minihost, it's free but pretty limited. I'm using FLstudio for live playing, it works pretty good. Some say Tracktion is also very good for this, and it seems to be generally considered a good program for sequencing and multitracking also. Lots of stuff for a low price anyway.
Skale Moderator

Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:10 am    Post subject:

Psycle looked pretty promising, but it crashed a lot. I heard that the crashing problem was resolved in the most recent version though.
Carotinho
Skale Newbie

Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:00 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the suggestions!
I tried Tobybear mini host, but it's really limited. Maybe good for quick testing or live playing or such things.
I also tried Psycle, and got stunned by the number of buttons:) Moreover, it's quite different from Buzz, which - I seem to remember - was their original inspiration, so I have to re-learn modular tracking Not bad, by the way!

Bye!

Quid ergo est tempus? Si nemo ex me quaerat, scio; si quaerent explicare velim, nescio.
       Skale Tracker Forum Index -> Documentation, Tips & Tricks All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: