:: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
any news after a period of 2 years ??? :(
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Skale Tracker Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Djredo
Skale Newbie

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject:

Wouldn't it be more honest to the users to just say. This program is not regularly supported, perhaps never will be updated and is available as is.

This way they can if they want, find and support alternatives which is updated and supported regularly like "Renoise" instead of letting them hope for a new release in vain?
st3vie
Skale Administrator

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject:

Djredo wrote:
Wouldn't it be more honest to the users to just say. This program is not regularly supported, perhaps never will be updated and is available as is.

No, because that would be incorrect.
sYnCHAoZ
Skale Lover

Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject:

I dunno man, nothing happening - at all - in over 2 years is as good as just saying "here you go, have fun, this app will never be updated or supported by the devs", and instead just give each new version a new name as an independent release. Like, Skale Tracker 1. Skale Tracker 2. Skale Tracker 3 and so forth, because honestly, a development period of more than 2 years before even the smallest little improvement is not an update more than an actual sequel...
Skale Clueless

Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject:

I should probably not even write here, since I'm a Renoise team member, so feel free to delete my post, if you think you have to.

What I would fear the most by being a regular Skale user is not that you are nomore updating it; ok, it's not correct to say that it won't be updated anymore, but it's correct to say that nothing new has been released to the public in two years, and even the site has not been revamped in more than one year.

What I would fear the most, I was saying, is that whenever a new Skale version will be out, new bugs will arise together with new great features, it's normal to happen for all softwares, and Renoise is not exception to this: 1.8 beta period has been an hell which lasted for months (so was alpha stage too), 1.9 is currently under testing, and we already released 4 public betas (after 10 private alphas), and a 5th one will be probably released on tomorrow.

How much time is expected a beta stage to last in Skale? How much time should a person suffering that little bastard bug wait to be able to address it? The next two years?

my opinion is that, if you really love the free tracking scene, you should release the code to the public and see if anything happens. Nothing will, probably, but you will not be seen as "guilty" for anything, other than having lots of users eagerly waiting for some news in a range of 2 years. Even madtracker 3 has gone opensource.

we at Renoise team are working hard (and most of us, me included, for free) to get the best out of our project, and we hope to be able to give an option to Linuxheads around too in the near future, but we sincerely hope that the tracking scene will be full of brilliant news in the next months.

Have nice tracking you all.
dBlues
Skale Moderator

Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject:

What, Madtracker is now open source???

I cant believe it. In fact I dont. There is no sourceforge project of Madtracker. For some reason, Yannick has been threatened with a lawsuit and MT site is offline so I cant verify this. I could only imagine what the paying MT owners would say about this. And Maz tools site still sells MT.
Skale Lover

Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Im agree with It-Alien,

Im sufering the looooooong skale wait time since first versions.. so I get bored and moved to Milkytracker when I found a coder that read E-mails, reply questions on forums, vistis IRC channels.. and when he is busy and had no time at least he writes a single line: " hey I dont have time cause job/exams/girls/ etc".... at least he replies.

so..... Where is Bak? (Stevie.. if are reading this.. tell Bak that the forum continues alive).
He could enter here sometimes and write something.. with a single post per month would be enough. .. at least for say that he doesnt have time for skale cause jobs/family/illness/etc etc

To the skale users that are suffering about these missing XM commands or missing features like zoom on sample editor.. etc .etc.. I can recomend try Milkytracker during this long wait time, so they can save their works in XM format and continue with them into skale when the new version will be available...
dBlues
Skale Moderator

Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject:

So it is true then, MT3 is open source. The project is not yet even started, but this is interesting indeed.
Skale Fanatic

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject:

day by day i come back to see that nothing happens. it s too sad
Blew
Skale Clueless

Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject:

can't even remember the last time i checked in on this place, since it's always the same.. always hoping there will be a page full of new skale binaries, maybe an OS X or some Linux-PPC build or maybe even in a perfect dream i'd find that Skale has been released as open source. Oh well. I've really stopped hoping for anything new from this project unforunately, 2 years with no release and no new direction / no open source pretty much speaks for itself.

At least this time I found out MT is going open source soon. MilkyTracker is really getting good too.
oxygenfad
Skale Newbie

Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Hope there is a new skale release,
Skale Fanatic

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject:

i guess not.
2 and a half year still nothing.

TJindy
Skale Clueless

Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject:

alien5ive wrote:
i guess not.
2 and a half year still nothing.

Feel the same. Anyone knows anything about new ver. of SKALE? It is so long time since we got update..
Skale Clueless

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject:

oxygenfad wrote:

My hope died few month ago So I switched to Renoise. Wish you all much pations!

Bye..
sYnCHAoZ
Skale Lover

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject:

kanoary wrote:
oxygenfad wrote:

My hope died few month ago So I switched to Renoise. Wish you all much pations!

Bye..

Once you leanr the new commands, Renoise is absolutely insane. It's what Skale should have been.
Skale Clueless

Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject:

Well, I just wanted to give my support to anyone involved in Skale. Keep it up guys.

I never depended on my life for freeware/shareware projects anyway. I got other applications in my arsenal with customer support. I dont mind paying money for hardware/software audio equipment.

I will keep on checking in to see if there are any updates. Perhaps we will see a christmas gift this year Who knows...

see ya!
       Skale Tracker Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: