:: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Wishlist 2007

Skale Tracker Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dBlues
Skale Moderator

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Wishlist 2007

While we are waiting for new version, we might as well sort out the most valuable features again. It is not always easy to know what to implement unless there is public opinion.

Rules: add your feature/fix + detailed explanation + why it should be implemented (if not too obvious). If you feel like discussing these features, please do it in separate topic. Linking to discussion is allowed, even recommended. Later on we can have a vote on these features.

Feature: Higher screen resolutions
Explanation:
Rationale: Greatly improved usability.

Feature: Better VSTi compatibility
Explanation: Many VSTi's do not currently load properly in Skale.
Rationale: VSTi are easy to use and sound great. If you cannot use your favourite VSTi in your host, it could be you use it in some other host.

Feature: VST automation
Explanation: Most VST instruments and effects implement automatable parameters. You could e.g. control the filters in VSTi or amount of delay/reverb. This could be implemented by effect column (e.g. Eff for parameter mapping/ Zxx for parameter value)
Rationale: High popularity of this feature in many hosts.
Skale Fanatic

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject:

a sign of life would be nice
synthirius
Skale Clueless

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject:

It's great to see that there is still light at the end of the tunnel, before i'm going to tell one suggestion i have to thank you for creation this wonderfull program, i have been composing in it for several years.
I started composing about 20 years back with the soundtracker so i have been around some time..

Anyway, this suggestion might be worthless but sample offset these days are pretty useless since you can only work with 2 digits, samples are easily to long to make use of it, i did use it alot in the past with short samples and did some creative things with it.

Perhaps you could add an extra digit to work with longer samples, and it could be handy with other commands aswell.
Else perhaps the offset could be replaced with something else.

Respects to all of you to keep this alive, and this hobby of mine (composing) will never fade away, after 8 months of silence i'm working on a new track and i will publish it here soon, but that's off topic.

Greetings Steven VDH aka Synthirius aka old Cyclone of Questor.
dBlues
Skale Moderator

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject:

In short, synthirius requested:
feature: Higher resolution sample offset
details: For the offset to work well with longer samples, it is necessary to increase resolution
rationale: It would be valuable to those who use longer samples in e.g. breakbeats.
Skale Clueless

Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject:

feature: zoom in, zoom out in sample editor
details: to do much better loop points
rationale: to do much better loop points
SinnerDark
Skale Clueless

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject:

feature: channel cut off, Q with smooth changes
details: to access better cut off expressions
rationale: to access better cut off expressions

feature: interpolate sample start and end
details: to simplify sample inserting =D
rationale: to simplify sample inserting =D

feature: more points in all schemes(may be i need to find some another word - these screens with points and lines - cut off, Q, volume...)
details: sometimes it would be very nice
rationale: ...

feature: pattern effects: Equlizer control
details: to control bass, mid, and treble. most needed - second knob, parametric thing(my english - i don't know how to explain)
rationale: ...

feature: midi export (*.mid)
details: open imported files from Guitar Pro, Cakewalk...With all ops, what needed to fit all notes from midi to Skale
rationale: why not?

feature: Upgrade VST, VSTi Apearance.
details: I using some synths what have options screen much bigger than possible to see in Skale - some knobs and switchs simple not accessible because whey are cliped by screen of Skale's window that apearing then you clicking "Own Edit"
rationale: This is a reason to think "I need another tracker, not so good as skale, but able to show vst ops normaly"

feature: Upgrade Clipboard.
details: Clipboard for more than one pattern (e.g. - select more than one pattern and Copy to clipboard) or ability to copy patterns from one skale to another
rationale: Is'nt it nice then you can copy pattern data from one of your piece of song written before to new one< what you re building now?
Sometimes i need to copy 30-70 patterns to another file and then edit.

feature: two effect collumns (is it possible?)
details: two pattern effects collumns
rationale: some times I need to use cut off and pitch at one time. And some other effects. Is it possible?

feature: more than 8 vst effects
details: i think you got it
rationale: Today we have CPU what can provide enogh performance to use
more effects that Skale can do...So the future coming this more powerfull CPU's. Lets save Skale from becoming old!

feature: FUCKING CRASHES DESTROING MY MIND (FCDMM)
details: I pressing "> Playing" and aproximately 1 from 10 times it's crashes. I think I"m using some Vst what doing this crap with my skale, but I'm not alone this that problem.
rationale: I'm dreaming to write a song called FCDMM =)).

feature: more than 1 sample per note with mixing
detalis:
rationale: if you're know Korg synthisizers (X5, X50 etc) they are have "compo" instruments. There mixed up to 4 samples in one instrument. You re controlling all mixing ops per octave. It would be realy fantastic if youre can do next ops per sample for every note:
1. Volume
2. Cut off
3. Q
4. Vibrato\Pitch(it's almost unreal - but it's way to reproduse an organ sound...well?)
5. EQ
I hav'nt seen that thing anythere but if you can implement it in skale - skale will become a tracker that have ability to make totaly original sound.

feature: make skale "for live"
details: make skale to work like a synthesizer for live playing
rationale: I don't know skale using midi keyboard or not, but I know what skale not so stable to make high quality sound in realtime... Why I need that? Skale realy powerfull in creation of own artist sound (before I have writen about Instrument modernistaion, this thiing can make skale very very fine for using like a live synthesizer)

feature: digital control for EQ
details: digital control for EQ in addition to knobs (for precission)
rationale: i think this is'nt hard todo

Fantastic thing: Make skale to work this 5.1 sound or eg. Funny?
Alright. For now I havent time for writing thousand of Ideas from my head. You re interested to see others?
Skale Clueless

Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject:

Feature : The option of using VST instruments and not only effects
Rationale : I think this one is quite selfexplanatory

Feature : The ability to control the settings for VST plugins the same way we can with build-in effects
Rationale : Greater variations in sound and to improve creative use of VST plug-ins.

Feature : SOME KIND OF INDICATION THAT SKALE WILL BE WORKED ON!
Rationale : WE NEED A V1.0
sYnCHAoZ
Skale Lover

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject:

I don't mean to be a spoilsport, but I do like supporting good projects. Skale was a good project once, but it's pretty dead now.

With that said, you guys do know that every single feature you mention in this thread, Renoise can do all of it. Apart from a very few, that is (like import midi).
       Skale Tracker Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: