:: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Configuring Setup Directories (please help)

Skale Tracker Forum Index -> Skale Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lovotho
Skale Clueless

Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: Configuring Setup Directories (please help)

ok, obviously im a complete noob at this. i would really appreciate any help you can offer. im trying to use a tutorial as much as i can so i wont have to bother you with lame questions you've already heard a million times but im kind of stuck.

im using this tutorial http://skaletutorials.atspace.com/tutorial/index.htm

im literally only on the second step and im lost. he says "These folders are all straight-foreward, just make sure you have your vst directory set to your Cubase VST (sound plugin's) directory."

well, i cant find those folders he has selected. in fact, the D:\ doesnt even have anything in it at all. i just need someone to explaine what im looking for when setting up these directories. and any other tips for the future would be great.

thanks in advance! -lovotho
Tranceparent
Skale Moderator

Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject:

The exact location of these folders actually isn't that important. It's just a matter of how you like to organize things. In the case of the tutorial the D: drive was used, but you might as well use your C: drive.

Personally I have a directory 'C:\music'.
In that directory I created a 'modules', an 'instruments', a 'samples' and a 'VST' subdirectory.

If you just setup the module, instrument and sample to these directories, you'll be fine while going through the tutorial.

Worry about the Vsti's, FX and stuff later.
       Skale Tracker Forum Index -> Skale Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: