:: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
[Tutorial] Playing parts of a song in declared loops

Skale Tracker Forum Index -> Documentation, Tips & Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vereiser
Skale Moderator

Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: [Tutorial] Playing parts of a song in declared loops

I thought about a method to play parts of a song in a loop round and round. Yes you will say, there is a command to get that result. But I don't want to kill the JumpToPattern command, when I want to hear the feeling of the part with the next one. So I found the following (It is possible other sk@leTrackers got this idea too.)

1. Name an empty instrument slot with "loop control" or something like this
2. Go to InstrEdExt --> Pattern Effects --> change one of the Slots to "JumpToPattern" or use the default one, personally I use the 0F slot
3. Set a note on that point the loop shall stop with the "loop control" instrument. Why setting a note. You will find the loop point faster, especially in the colored notes mode.
4. Set for instance the pattern command: F05 to the note (you will jump to pattern position 05)
    for JumpToPattern: F (the first position of the code represents the pattern effect)

the pattern position: 05 (the second and third position represents the pattern position)

Now you will have a new loop
5. Repeat from point 3 to have more loop points
6. If you want to diactivate the loops, you only need to set the pattern effect slot for "JumpToPattern" to volume or something like this.

That's all.

Intel Pentium 4 / 2,8 GHz / 1 GB DDR / WinXP Prof. / Hoontech DSP24 Value (multichannel soundcard)
       Skale Tracker Forum Index -> Documentation, Tips & Tricks All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: