:: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
[Q] XDelay

Skale Tracker Forum Index -> Skale Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vereiser
Skale Moderator

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:51 am    Post subject: [Q] XDelay

Bak, please describe, how the XDelay command exactly works on a note.
Thanx

Intel Pentium 4 / 2,8 GHz / 1 GB DDR / WinXP Prof. / Hoontech DSP24 Value (multichannel soundcard)
baktery
Skale Developer

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject:

When a note on command is found in a row, the note on is sent inmediatly. With XDelay you can delay the note on command from the moment when the row is played to just before the next row will be played. The range of the XDelay command goes from 00 to FF.

To understand what the value used with the XDelay command means, divide the space (time) between 2 consecutive rows in 256 parts:

Row0 [ 00
[ 01
[ 02
[ 03
[ FC
[ FD
[ FE
[ FF
Row1

A XDelay with 00 value is useless (play the note just when the row is processed).

Imagine that each second a pattern row is played, and you have a note on command in the Row0. Using XDelay, the note on command will be sent:

XDelay -> Note on delay time in this case
00 -> 0 seconds
40 -> 0.25 seconds
80 -> 0.5 seconds
C0 -> 0.75 seconds
FF -> 0.996 seconds
vereiser
Skale Moderator

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:58 am    Post subject:

I used the XDelay command in my last song. And yes, that is one of the main features a modern tracker should have.
Till today it was hard to code grooving tracks.

But this seems to be history.

Intel Pentium 4 / 2,8 GHz / 1 GB DDR / WinXP Prof. / Hoontech DSP24 Value (multichannel soundcard)
Sendar
Skale Clueless

Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Damn, I think I understand how it works now, but I can't figure out how to do it... what code should I use? A row has 000, and the last two are used for the 01 to FF command, but what letter do I need to put at the first '0'? Vereiser or Baktery, please help me out!
Sendar
Skale Clueless

Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject:

I got it now, thanks to Vereiser...

Quote:
Go to Inst.Ed.Ext of your instrument and configure the pattern effects (middle row). Use the arrows.
XDelay you will find at HEXnumber 14
But do not change pattern setting 0. It will not work.

One more question now, is there a way to save my settings? So that when I open a new song, xdelay is already in use? Or do I have to configure every instrument in every new song...
vereiser
Skale Moderator

Posted: Fri May 26, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
... is there a way to save my settings? So that when I open a new song, xdelay is already in use? Or do I have to configure every instrument in every new song...

You can make a default song, within all settings you need. This file you can load, if you start a new song.
That's the only way to do it.

Sendar
Skale Clueless

Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject:

Okay thanks, I'll try that...

I've been working with xdelay for a couple of days now, and it's really, really dope. Doing my drums has become about a hundred times easier. So thanks to Baktery for that.

There's only one flaw, maybe this can be fixed in the next Skale version: When you put two notes in the same channel, with xdelay on the second note, the first note gets cut off at [00 of the row where number two starts.

For instance, I put a string note at row 00 and another string note at row 16, with xdelay on [70. Then the sound of the first note gets cut off at [00 of row 16. There's a silence from [00 until [70, and then the second note starts.

With the ed1 / ed4 command, there's no silence, the sound flows on smoothly. Is it possible to apply this to the xdelay command? Right now I'm using xdelay for my drums and the ed. command for 'ongoing' sounds like strings and bass... this works okay, but it would be nice to have the precision of xdelay on those sounds as well.
       Skale Tracker Forum Index -> Skale Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: