:: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Skale UI

Skale Tracker Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pandronic
Skale Clueless

Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Skale UI

I've been checking out Skale regularly and I appreciate the effort, especially in a time when trackers are not as popular as they used to be.

I have to say this ... despite the eye-candy put into the project the UI design is awkard, not to say crap. Embracing and extending the FT2 interface was IMHO a mistake, since the interface was bad and cluttered to begin with.

It's hard if not impossible to attract a lot of new users with such a pourly designed UI and it's a pity to see such a massive amount of work being spoiled by this. I'm saying this because the learning curve is steep as hell, a lot of the controls work in unexpected ways, the whole logic behind the UI is flawed and belongs to the '90s, the documentation is not very good and I could go on.

Please accept this as constructive criticism and do something about it.

Regards
atarix
Skale Newbie

Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: offtop

also do something with terrible VST / VSTi engine.
and...Bak, lets do something with Skale or drop it.

p.s. or let us to see Skale`s source code....and we`ll do more and in a short time.
oxygenfad
Skale Newbie

Posted: Sun May 14, 2006 3:40 am    Post subject:

Naw, if it weren`t for the FT2 interface I`d be using something else. Better then that AUTOMATION FADER DAW SYNCING B/EAT SLICER RACK MOUNT VINTAGE SYNTH crap that`s allllllll over the place.

Skale is great! The only problem I have is that I can`t wait until the newest versions
Skale Clueless

Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject:

[quote="oxygenfad"]Naw, if it weren`t for the FT2 interface I`d be using something else. Better then that AUTOMATION FADER DAW SYNCING B/EAT SLICER RACK MOUNT VINTAGE SYNTH crap that`s allllllll over the place.

Skale is great! The only problem I have is that I can`t wait until the newest versions [/quote]

I was thinking more of an updated IT interface or a ModPlug interface with a little more attention to design.
       Skale Tracker Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: