:: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Mic/Line-in -> VST

Skale Tracker Forum Index -> Skale Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dBlues
Skale Moderator

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Mic/Line-in -> VST

I got this idea when I was thinking about disc recording from mic/line input. FTII had this, and I used it to record all my guitar tracks, which gave me incredible powers to combine tracking and recording. "Incredible" because today there is no tracker that can do this.

What about if Skale could monitor mic/line input and feed it to the vst-effect channels? We could download one of the many free VST disc recording plugins, and click "play" or "record" from Skale GUI. The plugin would record the sample and we could edit it in Skale's sample editor. No need to write a live diskwriter program here. Since we have ASIO support, this would mean we have nearly zero lag between I/O, which makes playing/recording a delight. We could also take multiple channels of mic/line inputs and record them all at once, by using input 1 for recorder 1, I2 for rec 2 etc. That's multitracking!
Skale Moderator

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:43 am    Post subject:

In FT][ you could record via line/mic, which was very hard, if you play a live instrument like guitar or keyboard, cause you have to note the tempo in your mind.
So we, my friends and me, missed all the time a live recording option. The record option can have two modes then. Line/Mic Recording mode, which could be setted via main settings or on every instrument and keyboard mode.

I know, I can make those live recordings with studio software.
But it would be fine to have such option in Sk@le.

Intel Pentium 4 / 2,8 GHz / 1 GB DDR / WinXP Prof. / Hoontech DSP24 Value (multichannel soundcard)
dBlues
Skale Moderator

Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Yes, the point is the ease of use, flow of composing - which is of primary importance for many musicians. We talk about recording every guitar track separately by rendering the track as wav (takes lots of time), opening a multitrack software, then recording and opening the sample again in the tracker VS clicking a button and recording straight away.

For me it would be nirvana, how about others?
       Skale Tracker Forum Index -> Skale Suggestions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: