:: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
[ST 0.81 vs. Ubuntu Linux] No more fullscreen

Skale Tracker Forum Index -> Skale Bug Report
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MAWSpitau
Skale Clueless

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: [ST 0.81 vs. Ubuntu Linux] No more fullscreen

Hi guys,

yesteraday I downloaded the new version of skaletracker and I am a little bit disapointed, about the fullscreen-mode is not working anymore.

Have the bitrate on 32, I get an segmentation fault.
Reducing the bitrate to 16 I get a kind of fullscreen. It is more a full-black-screen. I still have a mousepointer, but there is nothing to klick on. The resolution of my monitor is reduced and I can not get out of the programm, because I am not able to klick on the "Gotta go -yes"-button. The only oportunity I have is to kill the X-Server and restart it. That is uncool

Has anbody an idea how to fix this problem, or with which parameters I can play around?

Thx a lot
MAW
Skale Administrator

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject:

are you sure that X supports the window size and bitrate?

-st3vie
tGz
Skale Clueless

Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject:

Don't forget that you can do ESC then Y to quit.

Having said that, I experience fullscreen weirdness in 0.81. I'm also in 32bpp but I do have a modeline for 800x600. Fullscreen works fine in 0.802. I'll try and figure out what the hell is going on before I post more about this.
MuoX
Skale Clueless

Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject:

I had the same problem. I opened the config file and there was a 32 bit value for the fullscreen to run, so I changed it to 24. I'm using an ATI card, and only 24bpp is supported, but cahnging that value to 24 didn't work. When I switched to fullscreen, the whole screen got a messy green tint, and some vertical lines. I had to go to a tty to fixit via a killall.
After that, I restored the resolution, didn't have to kill X.
Putting the mentioned value to 16 made it work. I'm using propietary ATI drivers on gentoo linux, and it's working!
I made a few tests, no graphics related problems found yet.
-SDL 1.2.9
-ALSA/Jack
       Skale Tracker Forum Index -> Skale Bug Report All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: