:: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Working with internal MIDI synth on Skale

Skale Tracker Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fireb0y
Skale Clueless

Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 8:35 pm    Post subject: Working with internal MIDI synth on Skale

HI! I want to ask you about a litlle problem that i got from Skale... I want to make songs in .MIDI format, bcoz i am now creating some sounds for mobile games and PDA,PALMs, etc... so i need some tracker that supports the internal midi of the soundcards that are inside this little guyz... i came from Protracker/Fast Tracker musics(Spanish Demoscene), so embarrassing me with cubase is not a good idea( i am more comfortable working with trackers like Skale/FT/PT), so, Is there a way to create midi files in FT? if not, i'm lookin for a program that makes something similar(i've tried MIDIXGtracker, but is too limited). Thanks, Happy New Year and... Keep that GOOD work going!!!
Skale Moderator

Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Definitive you can control your internal midi cards. Select one bank in the Instrument Bar. Go to Instr.Ed.Ext. Select Midi. Make the litte green lamp shine and select one of the Midi Devices with the arrows. Your internal card will be listed there.

The midi save function will be implemented in one of the next version.
Inspite of that you can make your song with sk@le. Save it as xm and convert it to MIDI with Modplug tracker (another tracker which can save xm as midi) or use 2MIDI (a special conversion tool).
Fireb0y
Skale Clueless

Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:14 pm    Post subject:

OK, I found that! Thanks! By the way, when i save the Song in XM format, I have to put the instruments bcoz all the settings of them are deleted! I suposse that is not a bug on Skale, is a XM saving "bug"(XM is not really a MIDI format, but if I can convert the notes and commands to a midi file, that will be enough 4 me!) . So i will re-put the instruments on modplug

Thanks, keep the good work!!!
Skale Moderator

Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Fireb0y wrote:
By the way, when i save the Song in XM format, I have to put the instruments bcoz all the settings of them are deleted!

Are you trying to save midi instruments in a XM. I'm not 100% sure how Skale handles this, but I don't think that is possible.

If you want to save your song as an XM, you'll need sample based instruments.
Skale Clueless

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Hi. And pardon me if this question is too elementary. However, my problem seems to have resemblance with the original problem of this thread so I decided to not start new one.

I'd like to control my Roland SC-155 hooked on SB Audigy2 MIDIout like tracker samples/instruments. I selected the right output port, lit the green lamp and selected the device. However from that on I don't have any idea how could I get any tunes out, nothing in Instr.Ed.Ext seemed to help with short glance. What should I do? The module works perfectly outside Skaletracker and I don't have any other programs running while trying get the module working with Skale.
Skale Clueless

Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject:

^bump^
dBlues
Skale Moderator

Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Following Vereiser's explanation should make your external synth work. Click the lamp under the 'midi out' text and select your soundcards midi out. After that you should be able to make your external synth work normally. Try also assigning pattern commands to normal tracker effects (that you can put to the track with track editor or writing them to the track).
Skale Clueless

Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Digging up an old thread. I haven't STILL been able to get anything out from any MIDI device. I've selected the right MIDI output device from config, selected MIDI output device, program number and set volume to the max from "instr.ed.ext.". Still nothing. In any other program (like Renoise) everything works more or less fine but I'd like to try Skale whether its MIDI is able to handle more simultaneous notes than Renoise, which starts to cause delay when around seven instruments are triggered simultaneously.

Could someone submit an example file for troubleshooting (preferably with GM instruments) that you have got to output something.
       Skale Tracker Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: