:: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Skale 0.81

Skale Tracker Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sYnCHAoZ
Skale Lover

Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Skale 0.81

Merry X-mas to everyone.

And, as always, late as it (usually) is, thank you very much for the new version.

- Bugfixes, always a big plus.

- The "last scroll" function for disc options, a minor feature, but none the less a useful one that will slightly quicken things up and cause just a tad less annoyance :p

- Loading the FX, again, a cut-down in annoyance. Good stuff.

- OggVorbis compression, nice one!

- Repeated patterns in bold, minor feature, doesn't really make much difference imo, but if anything it's still a small plus.

- Instrument colors - this feature is no less than absolute genius. Probably one of the biggest "WOW!" moments for me in Skale history. A w e s o m e! It just cleans your trax up so nicely and makes indexing really easy, as well as severely speeding up tracking process - no longer having to snail your way through blocks reading numbers and letters to find the entry you're looking for, just a quick color-scan and bingo! Very, very nice! Love it.

- Darker DiskOp folders/files, again, minor feature, but very nice as well. Gives you a quicker overview of what's what.

Overall if you ask me, the real plus about this new update, and also what seems to be the focus-point of it, is "Overview". Most new features are things that make it easier to find your way around and distinguish this from that. End result is a noticably better user-friendliness that makes for easier and faster tracking.

Very cool addition to the Skale legacy. The colors still have me totally wow'ed =)

Thanks!

But in all honesty, don't leave us waiting an entire year again for the next 'major' update :/
Half of us will be retired family people with several grand-children by the time it reaches 1.0
Skale Lover

Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Am I right? FX dlls saved into SKM module now?
Didn't EQ bug was fixed?
vereiser
Skale Moderator

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Skale 0.81

sYnCHAoZ wrote:

- Repeated patterns in bold, minor feature, doesn't really make much difference imo, but if anything it's still a small plus.

You will see, it is a very usefull feature, if you need a free not used or no more used pattern. If it is grey u know it is an unused pattern.

Intel Pentium 4 / 2,8 GHz / 1 GB DDR / WinXP Prof. / Hoontech DSP24 Value (multichannel soundcard)
Laertes
Skale Clueless

Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject:

Yep ... thank you for the new version ...
Very nice.

Synchaos: good spoken ^^

The one and only problem for me still is the unstable vst host engine ...
Errm. when are you going to fix that? ^^
That's the only point, why I don't use st as maintool --
HiNmity
Skale Clueless

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject:

Thank you guys for this new version. Im not able to DL it right now but it makes me happy little swedish boy (30yrs) that you made a new build public.

I wish you a jolly 2006 fellas
Oblagon
Skale User

Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject:

One of the most important part of music software today is a solid vst support. Vst is Skale is completely useless. Tracking with samples was fun in 1998 but in 2006 that is completely inadequate.
vereiser
Skale Moderator

Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Oblagon wrote:
One of the most important part of music software today is a solid vst support. Vst is Skale is completely useless.

The VSTFx support of Skale is good. 75% of VSTFx work with skale.

But the VSTi support is bad, I think too. I found at least not more than 10 VSTi that worked fine in poly mode, the others play one note at one time only. And other handling things.

It would be fine, if a stable VSTi support will come up with the next version release. Just as well a fix of the little eq bug (you need to set a filter on an instrument to make eq setting audible, which is not desired in every case).

Thanx Bak

Intel Pentium 4 / 2,8 GHz / 1 GB DDR / WinXP Prof. / Hoontech DSP24 Value (multichannel soundcard)
Oblagon
Skale User

Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject:

vereiser wrote:
Oblagon wrote:
One of the most important part of music software today is a solid vst support. Vst is Skale is completely useless.

The VSTFx support of Skale is good. 75% of VSTFx work with skale.

75% is rather optimistic. I didn't get such a high success rate here tough. Mixer also doesn't support insert effects.

I'm afraid that by the time Skale becomes complete and bug free there will be no peopple left to use it. Everybody will either loose interest or just move on to something that works.
HiNmity
Skale Clueless

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Personally i rather see a built in software synth/effect similar to buzzMachines. Vst is good and there is so much out there but if we had a modular nodebased type of effect/sound engine we could share a lot of stuff to each other and it would be platform independent. Procedural audio processing is really sweet and could be fast as well and perhaps we could add "new" nodes made in the SDK.
Laertes
Skale Clueless

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Because VST is a normed standart, it has a much bigger widespread than any propriety format could have.
When I have bought a Vanguard or an Albino for some money (or NI products) - I will use them in my productions.

And I don't think developed plugins for an own plugin format can get the same high quality than those vsti thingys developed over years by professionels.

And IF the host would have a stable vst(i) support - you can plug in a host for any other format- a psycle socket or a buzz machine socket.

But if you want to produce serious music - you must have an interface to a common sequenzer, for the final remix, for studio productions.
And VST(i) is the most common format.
What does it helps out, one can plug skale itself as vsti in another host...

(some broken thoughts ... )
       Skale Tracker Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: