:: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
[0802] Linux Seg Fault - NEVER had it working

Skale Tracker Forum Index -> Skale Bug Report
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: [0802] Linux Seg Fault - NEVER had it working

I've got 0802 on fedora core 4. I have NEVER got it run. I've followed your faq on how to get it working on linux, but nothing seems to work.

Output from ./Skale.x86

Code:
This program is FREEWARE

Until version 1.0 some features has been disabled and other ones are incomplete.This is a BETA version. Use it at your own risk.

Send comments, suggestions or bugs to: bugs@skale.org

Skale official website is http:\\www.skale.org
  Enjoy it!!!!!.
baktery

Segmentation fault

Output of ldd
Code:
libSDL-1.2.so.0 => /usr/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0 (0x053be000)

I've downloaded the source for libSDL, compiled it and installed it. Still the same message.

Any ideas?
st3vie
Skale Administrator

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject:

hi,

well, lets see if we can get it to work then?

first, check out v0.81 (news section, the website is a little behind - is being worked on!).

Most likely, you'll still get the error message with v0.81 though.

Compiling the source for LibSDL is a godo step i guess, but it still depends on the options you use to compile it with. Check if you have support for OSS (SDL favorite it seems, not ALSA yet ) and for the possible sound daemon you use (if any), like aRTS, etc...

Doesn't Fedora have multiple binary packages available for LibSDL? with different settings?

-st3vie
laesq
Skale Clueless

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Ok, tried 0.81. Does exactly the same thing.

I'm not sure quite how to check if I have OSS support, but I do know that XMMS has OSS as an OSS driver and I can select that and XMMS works quite happily with it.

Another thing I'm not sure if it has any bearing on it all, is I have a P4 processor running in hyper threading mode and so I'm running on a multiple processor kernel. Just thought I'd mention it just incase it effects how Skale has been compiled.

Hopefully this gives you something to work on

LaesQ
st3vie
Skale Administrator

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject:

i know that Debian has different packages for libsdl, like:
  • libsdl1.2-alsa
  • libsdl1.2-oss
  • etc...
try to find a different libsdl package (with 'yum' i believe?) and try to find a verison with oss, or another one, like arts if you use that perhaps.

Anyway, my guess is, that something is not right with he libsdl version you use.

-st3vie
laesq
Skale Clueless

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject:

Ok, I've searched using yum and the only things it comes up with SDL and SDL-devel which are both installed. There's no separate version for alsa or oss, etc.

So I turned back to the SDL 1.2.9 package and noticed there are is a test directory with in it. I compiled the tests and ran each one. They all seem to work fine. There's even one for playing a looping wav. It plays fine but says it's using the output device: dsp.

Don't know if that helps at all.

I'm just wondering if you can supply some kinda debug version of Skale to see where it's seg faulting as all the tests for SDL work fine.

LaesQ
       Skale Tracker Forum Index -> Skale Bug Report All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: